I think this a lot of trouble but very creative and probably effective.BUT_BUT he mentioned VACUUM----DONT use your electric vacuum cleaner-it WILL blow up !!! Also dont use a 110 volt droplight it also is very dangerous-use a flashlight.:thumbsup:Here's how I did it when I got a really bad load of gas that clogged the sock on the pickup and caused the car to stall. I got a 1 gallon plastic jug and drilled two holes in the lid sized to fit some clear tubing. Make sure the holes allow a very snug fit for the tubing so its airtight. Then I connected a hand vacuum pump to one tube. I inserted a piece of aluminum tubing about 18" long in the end of the other tube to use as a pickup. What you have now is effectively a vacuum system that will allow you to reach inside the tank and vacuum the debris out when you pump the hand vac, depositing it in the jug. You can reach in there easier and see better if you remove the filler neck. Just be sure you have another gasket for when you replace it. Use a flashlight to look down in the tank and move the pickup around until you vacuum all the junk out. You may need to replace the sock depending on how bad its clogged and you probably should replace the filter in the carb while your at it. After I did this I had no further trouble with my car. Good luck. :thumbsup:
Oh well if TT says its OK then by all means go ahead !!!:crazy:if you have a shop vac that is suitable for vacuuming up fluids it will NOT blow up. I have vacuumed kerosine, gsoline and a lot of other solvents and it will most certainly not blow up. Just do it outside or in a well ventilated area so you don't get nauseous. I think mythbusters even did an episode on this.
Now your talking about common sense?So are you saying to use an electric vacuum or not to use it.This a fellow forum member ,with his safety in mind should he use it or not?DWncchs,
Go sit in a non ventilated area with a bucket of gasoline in front of you, will you get nauseous? It has nothing to do with the shopvac.
The directions on appliances in the US are always extreme because of liability. The shop vacs here don't come with such instructions, nor does it say not to put a dog in the microwave for instance.
I'm giving my opinion, everyone should use their own judgement and common sense. I'm jsut saying that the shop vac thing is a big myth. How many of you have a boiler in the grage with a pilot light?? An open flame...and gasoline....it could go wrong!
Look for the mythbusters episode about the shop vac jet engine, it's a real eye opener
Now your talking about common sense?So are you saying to use an electric vacuum or not to use it.This a fellow forum member ,with his safety in mind should he use it or not?
I do HOPE that most people have enough common sense not to mix fuel vapors and the arching of an electric motor but that is why I brought it up.I really would rather not see someone get hurt.A buddy of mine got burned real bad doing this.He said it was fine while vacuuming but he turned it off and came back a min. later and switched the vacuum on and it exploded.The fumes must have found their way up through the filter into the motor and ignited when he turned it on.
Ohhh a hotdog in a microwave that makes me hungry.
TT I think I remember the muffbusters doing an episode on drying your hair in a microwave-have you tried that?Would that be a YES ?:rolling:
I was kidding-I thought we were having a little discussion and I was just following your tone.Are you angry because what I said makes more sense.OK I'm sorry for last couple lines ( I thought is was funny) now will you go back and answer my questions.I'm not even going to reply to your derogatory comment, my advice is free..take it for what you want
Just a little curious-is there a hidden meaning to what you said "MY ADVICE IS FREE" ? You also mentioned it when you posted as V Twin.Dont we all give away free advice on the forums?I'm not even going to reply to your derogatory comment, my advice is free..take it for what you want