Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im garaging my vette for the winter and ive got a 2 amp trickle charge, is this to much? i think this one used to be for my riding lawn mower :huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
You should be using a battery tender with auto shut-off. I just put mine away and just disconnected at the posts. Due to the dreaded "parasitic drain" on these cars the battery will go dead (mine froze solid and cracked last year) in a few weeks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,627 Posts
If I was you, I would just remove the battery. You may have to charge it before you put it back in, but I think you will be better off doing it this way. I would'nt want any kind of charger hooked to my car for a long period of time, I can't imagine that would be safe, but thats just me. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,158 Posts
You have two choices:

1) Put it on a battery tender (not on a trickle charge)
2) Remove the battery or the very least just disconnect it (you'll need to charge it if you want to run it at all during the winter).

I put both my cars on a battery tender :thumbsup:
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top