Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 87 Coupe has standard power seats. The driver's seat works OK. The trouble is with the passenger seat. It actually is moved to the rearmost position. I know that the gears are shot because when I move the control to move the seat forward, only a buzzing sound ocurrs but the seat won't move. In order to fix it I know I have to take the seat out of the car but it is so much to the rear that I can't get to the bolts that hold the seat in place (the ones on the floor of the car). Is there a way to manually move the seat forward and backward? I bought the car that way so asking the previous owner is no use. The seat can be adjusted up and down but not forward. Any help out there? Thank you

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I don't have power seats so I don't know anything about them. This is one of those times when a forum comes in handy. There has got to be a trick b/c I'm looking through the service manual and there is about squat on the seats. The only thing I see as far as seat removal instructions is:

1. Disconnect battery ground cable.

2. Remove seat cushion to gain access to adjuster bolts.

3. Remove seat assembly to adjuster. Remove seat.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Originally posted by War Machine ...<br>
I don't have power seats so I don't know anything about them. This is one of those times when a forum comes in handy. There has got to be a trick b/c I'm looking through the service manual and there is about squat on the seats. The only thing I see as far as seat removal instructions is:

1. Disconnect battery ground cable.

2. Remove seat cushion to gain access to adjuster bolts.

3. Remove seat assembly to adjuster. Remove seat.<br>
On my black 96, you could lift the seat cushion up on the passenger side. I found this accidentally while pulling some stuff off the passenger seat floor. I'm not sure if the seat is supposed to do this, or whether it was un-done. But it came up with great ease, just by reaching the front part of the seat, then pulling up like a toilet seat. Maybe that will work for you, and give you access to those bolts!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Pretty easy job

I had the same problem on my 86....the bottom seat cushion comes out (there is a pressure clip on the front/bottom of the seat. Once the cushion comes out, you have access to everything. Good luck:cheers:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I have the same with my 91 seats, but the clip broke and I can pull the cushions out of either seat whenever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts