Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed how many trucks are on the road nowadays. I'm talking about SUV's, vans and pickups. Its just amazing to me how many there are now. It seems like trucks are just about as plentiful now as passenger cars. :)

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Bob88con said:
Has anyone else noticed how many trucks are on the road nowadays. I'm talking about SUV's, vans and pickups. Its just amazing to me how many there are now. It seems like trucks are just about as plentiful now as passenger cars. :)
Yep. Everytime I am in the Vette I can't see crap because of all the SUV's and trucks.

Funny you mention this topic, I went to get coffee the other day at Caribou. When I parked the SUV, I noticed that all 30 parking spots had either trucks or vans, NO CARS!:surprised

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
top sellers

Just look at the top sellers, Bob. The F-series has been at the top for years and the Silverado and Ram are always up there.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: top sellers

TreCool626 said:
Just look at the top sellers, Bob. The F-series has been at the top for years and the Silverado and Ram are always up there.

Yep, thats true, and trucks are so nice now, they ride great, have all the goodies cars have, and more.

And Patrick, thats amazing that every spot would be taken by a truck.

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
Sorry, I am driving a Durango while mines in the shop.:D

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I love my truck!! It drives like a car, pulls a race trailer, and hauls all my junk. How could you live without one?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
I used to get comments like "Your not going to haul that in the truck are you?" Like I told them ...It's a TRUCK!!! The truck is newer than the Vette but the honeymoon is over.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
for my first cars I want a C4/C5, Caprice wagon(vettewagon w/ the LS1 350) and a Chevy S10 Extreme! the extreme is small enough for city driving and practical enough for basically anything!
Trucks are awesome... but not vette awesome!

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I don't know about trucks but vans could be had for cheap this time of year. I wanted something bigger than a wagon and a v6 minivan is around the same price as a v8 conversion van so I went with the conversion. The sticker on it was $34,700. I bought it the end of the month in fall and got it for $22,500. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I've got a conversion van, a firebird and a 'vette .... all V8's... I buy ALOT of gas!!!

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
I see them ALL the time! My school is a little rednecky and alot of the time you hear the students talking about Diesel Fords, off roading in their jeeps with 4'' lifts and huge tires, or how much better Ford truch are to Chevy truck...or vice versa. Its crazy! The only SUV/truck/van my family that lives in NC is my mom drives a SUV, my brother in-law drives a SUV, and my dad wants a truck.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My dad almost bought me a 97 Ford Ranger 5 speed (Wich is wierd because my dad hates ford and buys mainly gm, sometimes mopar) but instead i won my Olds :D

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
JCswm said:
I've got a conversion van, a firebird and a 'vette .... all V8's... I buy ALOT of gas!!!
That's similar to my family's situation. We have the conversion van, my Mustang, the Vette, but since my dad is a car person and not a truck person we have a Focus. Then my dad's MG.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I remember hearing that SUV's and trucks account for roughly 50% of all new vehicles sold here in the states.

Are I sell my CJ-7, I'm going to be looking for a gently used Tahoe for Renee. Need something with some versatility. I'll have my Vette for fun and Bonneville for everything else.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts