Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I have poor impulse control.
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
f'in liar, he said he wasn't going to make an announcement until the final episode of celebrity apprentice. He's a week early. Typical politician, say one thing, do another. :laughing:

---------------

After considerable deliberation and reflection, I have decided not to pursue the office of the Presidency. This decision does not come easily or without regret; especially when my potential candidacy continues to be validated by ranking at the top of the Republican contenders in polls across the country. I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately, the general election. I have spent the past several months unofficially campaigning and recognize that running for public office cannot be done half heartedly. Ultimately, however, business is my greatest passion and I am not ready to leave the private sector.

I want to personally thank the millions of Americans who have joined the various Trump grassroots movements and written me letters and e-mails encouraging me to run. My gratitude for your faith and trust in me could never be expressed properly in words. So, I make you this promise: that I will continue to voice my opinions loudly and help to shape our politician's thoughts.

My ability to bring important economic and foreign policy issues to the forefront of the national dialogue is perhaps my greatest asset and one of the most valuable services I can provide to this country. I will continue to push our President and the country's policy makers to address the dire challenges arising from our unsustainable debt structure and increasing lack of global competitiveness. Issues, including getting tough on China and other countries that are methodically and systematically taking advantage of the United States, were seldom mentioned before I brought them to the forefront of the country's conversation.

They are now being debated vigorously. I will also continue to push for job creation, an initiative that should be this country's top priority and something that I know a lot about. I will not shy away from expressing the opinions that so many of you share yet don't have a medium through which to articulate.

I look forward to supporting the candidate who is the most qualified to help us tackle our country's most important issues and am hopeful that, when this person emerges, he or she will have the courage to take on the challenges of the Office and be the agent of change that this country so desperately needs.

Thank you and God Bless America!

Donald J. Trump
Michael Cohen
Executive Vice President and
Special Counsel To Donald J. Trump

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/05/16/6653781-trump-not-running-for-president

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
This is more interesting and most likely the reason. :thumbsup:

NBC pitches to Trump, report says - On Media: NBC pitches to Trump, report says
May 13, 2011

Trump’s show, “Celebrity Apprentice,” home of the infamous phrase “You’re fired,” is an important part of the network’s lineup, ratings-wise -- peaking at 8.3 million viewers in its most recent Sunday broadcast . The Post says NBC is waving major money -- $60 million -- to try to secure Trump’s talents for the fall 2011 season and make him forget about the presidential race.A spokesperson from NBC did not return emails or phone calls from POLITICO seeking comment on the report.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/onmedia/0511/NBC_pitches_to_Trump_report_says.html

·
I have poor impulse control.
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is more interesting and most likely the reason. :thumbsup:

NBC pitches to Trump, report says - On Media: NBC pitches to Trump, report says
May 13, 2011

Trump’s show, “Celebrity Apprentice,” home of the infamous phrase “You’re fired,” is an important part of the network’s lineup, ratings-wise -- peaking at 8.3 million viewers in its most recent Sunday broadcast . The Post says NBC is waving major money -- $60 million -- to try to secure Trump’s talents for the fall 2011 season and make him forget about the presidential race.A spokesperson from NBC did not return emails or phone calls from POLITICO seeking comment on the report.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/onmedia/0511/NBC_pitches_to_Trump_report_says.html
Hell yeah. I'd do exactly the same thing. Commit to a thankless job, or make $60 million. Tough choice. :laughing:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Hell yeah. I'd do exactly the same thing. Commit to a thankless job, or make $60 million. Tough choice. :laughing:
Not to mention he's only on the "job" about 10 minutes per hour of TV time. :devil:

There's what? 12 episodes per season?
He's on film maybe 10 minutes per episode?

That's like $5 mil per episode or $500,000 per minute???

:thud:

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Let me tell you why Trump was never going to run. Trump talks all the time about how much money he has. He told us we would be shocked to see how rich he realy was. The issue is that if he ran for president he would actualy have to reveal his actual net worth. While many say he is worth 2.7 billion, Deutche bank in 2005 valued his worth at 788 million. The author of an artilce about Trump put his worth at less than 250 million. Trump sued him for defamation but then dropped the suit. Why???

Why does it matter, you may ask. Hell 250 million is pretty rich isnt it???? Well the issue is that his ability to use his name to get investors to invest in his projects, which is where he realy makes his money, depands on the apperance that he is wildly successfull. If he is viewed as only moderatly successfull then he would be hurting big time. This is much like the way Madoff got people to invest with him...he had to have people believe he was wildly successfull.

The biggest clue that I see to Trumps actual wealth, is evident at his marina in Atlantic City. Every year fifteen buddies climb onto my buddies 52 foot Hataras and go to AC for a night of gambling drinkjing and eating. We stay at Trumps Marina ever year. At the marina is one huge slip, that was reserved for the Trump Princess. This 292 foot yacht was sold in 1998 when Trump said the yacht was too small and he desperatly needed a yacht that was at least 400 feet long to entertain all the investors and high rollers that he entertained on his yacht. To this day that slip stays unfilled and untended. It is falling apart, as I believe his empire is.

I agree with you that he needs that 60 million from NBC, although if he were as rich as he claims he could make that in simple interest at any bank with all of his claimed wealth. This guy was is and will always be a phoney, and I believe that he is actualy worth nothing as his debts out weigh his asstes by more than 200 million. :crazy:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
According to Forbes, in March of this year, his net worth was in the neighborhood of $2.7 billion. I'll take that over the 2005 numbers you stated. Either way, I'm not sure he would have put his heart and soul into being President. He probably wasn't the man for the job.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
According to Forbes, in March of this year, his net worth was in the neighborhood of $2.7 billion. I'll take that over the 2005 numbers you stated. Either way, I'm not sure he would have put his heart and soul into being President. He probably wasn't the man for the job.
The Forbes numbers are estimates. Trump has never revealed the actual numbers. But since Detche bank was looking at a finance deal at the time I would believe those numbers more than an estimate. The other problems with the Forbes numbers is that I am sure that Steve Forbes would do anything to help his buddy and the namesake of the golf club that he belongs to. Yes Steve Forbes is a member at Trump National In Bedminster, NJ.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Forbes came out with the numbers in March of this year while the numbers you state from Duetche Bank are from 2005 (according to you). I'm going to guess the numbers from 2011 are more accurate, 6 years is a long time for things to change. I also don't think that Forbes fudged the numbers on his behalf over a golf club membership. :crazy:

I don't care if he's worth a gazillion dollars, I still don't think he's the man for the job. He's a great businessman but he's not well rounded enough to be President.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Forbes came out with the numbers in March of this year while the numbers you state from Duetche Bank are from 2005 (according to you). I'm going to guess the numbers from 2011 are more accurate, 6 years is a long time for things to change. I also don't think that Forbes fudged the numbers on his behalf over a golf club membership. :crazy:

I don't care if he's worth a gazillion dollars, I still don't think he's the man for the job. He's a great businessman but he's not well rounded enough to be President.
Trumps rules to become worth 1 million dollars....inherit 5 million. Trump is a joke, and a scammer. His best work is done on the apprentice. Since loosing the brains of his opperation in a 1989 helicopter crash his company has shrunk and he has claimed Bankruptcy 3 times. Great businessman there.

And again Forbes' number is an estimate. There is no way to acurately get the numbers unless Trump gives them out. He has always refused to do so although he brags often about how much he is worth. If he is so proud of his wealth why not release the numbers??? Why didn't he replace the Trump princess when he said it was so key to his business?? Why does he declare bankruptcy so often when it hurts his image?? If he is worth 2.7 billion he could easily use personal capitalization to keep from going bankrupt and make more money doing so....so why damage his image???

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Trumps rules to become worth 1 million dollars....inherit 5 million. Trump is a joke, and a scammer. His best work is done on the apprentice. Since loosing the brains of his opperation in a 1989 helicopter crash his company has shrunk and he has claimed Bankruptcy 3 times. Great businessman there.

And again Forbes' number is an estimate. There is no way to acurately get the numbers unless Trump gives them out. He has always refused to do so although he brags often about how much he is worth. If he is so proud of his wealth why not release the numbers??? Why didn't he replace the Trump princess when he said it was so key to his business?? Why does he declare bankruptcy so often when it hurts his image?? If he is worth 2.7 billion he could easily use personal capitalization to keep from going bankrupt and make more money doing so....so why damage his image???
Maybe Trump does not feel the need to jerk off in public??? :huh: Not everyone needs to tell the world when they buy their kids a new car. Maybe he's just more modest than you? Who knows? Trump does.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Maybe Trump does not feel the need to jerk off in public??? :huh: Not everyone needs to tell the world when they buy their kids a new car. Maybe he's just more modest than you? Who knows? Trump does.
Yes that is why he said just one month ago that he is worth way more than Mitt Romney. :crazy::crazy:

WASHINGTON -- Vote for me 'cause mine's bigger.

Donald Trump yesterday fired the opening salvo in a macho battle of bank accounts with rival presidential contender Mitt Romney, dismissing the former Massachusetts governor as a "small business" person and saying his own assets are "much, much" larger than his opponent's.

Trump, whose approval ratings have rocketed upward since he started hammering President Obama, yesterday turned his fire on Romney, considered by many the front-runner in a divided Republican field.

"I'm a much bigger businessman and have a much, much bigger net worth. I mean my net worth is many, many, many times Mitt Romney," Trump told CNN's Candy Crowley yesterday.

Larry Marano
Donald Trump, here in Florida yesterday, put down millionaire Mitt Romney for not being rich enough.
Trump, who made his millions doing splashy real-estate deals and slapping his name on towering skyscrapers from New York to Atlantic City, then belittled Romney, saying that Bain Capital, the hedge fund where he made millions of dollars before running for governor, didn't create any jobs.

"Well, Mitt Romney is a basically small-business guy, if you really think about it. He was a hedge fund. He was a funds guy. He walked away with some money from a very good company that he didn't create. He worked there. He didn't create it," Trump said.

Trump claimed that he had created "hundreds of thousands of jobs."

The real-estate mogul, whose popularity soared after he questioned Obama's citizenship, has yet to officially enter the race. But he plans to announce his final decision after the final episode of his TV show.

He teased that the country would know the full extent of his wealth if and when he decides to get into the race.

Romney, who made millions running the hedge fund and as CEO of a Boston management consulting firm, is no financial slouch, having poured $45 million into his failed 2008 presidential campaign.

In 2007, Romney's campaign disclosed that he was worth between $190 million and $250 million. His campaign didn't respond to Trump's broadsides.

By comparison, Forbes magazine estimated Trump's net worth at $2.7 billion. He was No. 420 on this year's list of the world's billionaires.

But the mogul has been accused of overstating his wealth, and sued a New York Times reporter who wrote a book saying he was worth much less than $1 billion.

Trump has also said, "My brand alone is worth $5 billion," a statement that Forbes tweaked. "Yes, the Donald is a billionaire. No, he's not worth what he says he is," the magazine wrote last year.

Trump has added to his bottom line by starring in "The Apprentice" and "Celebrity Apprentice" on NBC.

"I've built a great company," Trump said. "And one of the beauties of, frankly, if and when I announce, sometime prior to June, you will see how big my company is, because it's much bigger and much more powerful and much stronger than anyone really knows. So you're going to see how good it is. You're going to see how strong it is."

[email protected]

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nation...e_richer_lXy6UD0WAoljoEYRQjrxmK#ixzz1Mk7pUnA5

If your gonna claim this **** then prove it....otherwise you are a punk. Trump is a punk. :nuts:

PS: sorry that what I buy my kids bother you....jelousy is a green monster dude get over it, MR. 1979 L82 4 spd. :down:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts