Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thread Of The Day right here

Plug into this for a minute

He's where I'm at sick being over run Chinese communists and tired of Defending everyone else's country but our own

It's okay if your Border's to the south and to the North are over run by illegals

But just don't try and over run Kuwait or Libya

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure I'd vote for him as of yet

But he Certainly live's more in reality than our current government does

And he seems to genuinely care about the country

The current government has Misplaced Value's ,Goals,and Idea's

And is putting future generations deeply in debt

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
What's not to like about the things Donald says? Emotionally, I agree with him 100%. But I think some of his ideas are simplistic and will have results very different from what we want. For example, he is adamant that a tax increase is a bad thing in this down economy. Taking that spending power out of the hands of consumers would devastate the economy. But he wants to start a tariff war with China in order to return more manufacturing to America. The result would be an instant 25% increase in the cost of manufactured goods. What's the difference in that and a tax increase? Both take money out of the hands of consumers and damage the economy. I'm not saying tariffs might not be a part of managing the trade imbalance, but my guess is it would have consequences that would be as bad or worse than what we already have.
However, overall, I like his thinking. But I'm going to be very surprised if we ever get to try out his ideas.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's not to like about the things Donald says? Emotionally, I agree with him 100%. But I think some of his ideas are simplistic and will have results very different from what we want. For example, he is adamant that a tax increase is a bad thing in this down economy. Taking that spending power out of the hands of consumers would devastate the economy. But he wants to start a tariff war with China in order to return more manufacturing to America. The result would be an instant 25% increase in the cost of manufactured goods. What's the difference in that and a tax increase? Both take money out of the hands of consumers and damage the economy. I'm not saying tariffs might not be a part of managing the trade imbalance, but my guess is it would have consequences that would be as bad or worse than what we already have.
However, overall, I like his thinking. But I'm going to be very surprised if we ever get to try out his ideas.
I agree with some of what you say

But when China has displaced so many american workers

And wiped complete industries within the US

1.5 trillion dollar trade deficit, and a 15 trillion dollar National deficit

Who care's if they pack up and go back home

Also currently Americans are funding a very large Communist party Army and their Communist thinking will slowly invade our society

We cannot risk that

So lets tariff them now and if they wish to pack it up and go home

Then thats all the better for the US

Tex Primarily all we are selling them is McDonalds Hamburgers, Kentucky fried chicken, and Coca cola and some Pepsi

The rest of the stuff they can already make for themselves

So the Myth that there is some huge Market to be had there is Marketing Propaganda

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sadly even if the Trumpster was elected Pres, the asshats in Congress would probably block every effort to improve our country and get back on the right track. I wish there were term limits for Congress.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
He certainly "says" the things I like to hear. I like that he thinks that Bush was a disaster...that shows that he is a realist. I like that he sees China as a problem as well as Mexico. But some things in his past worry me. His shameless use of the bankruptcy laws makes me feel that he is not an honorable person. If I make a deal with someone I hold up my end of the bargain no matter what. If you blow a business venture you shouldn't be able to just walk away with millions having screwed lots of little guys out of their life savings. It's just not right.

One thing that made me laugh was his claim that he is having a ball right now, since it is a great time to buy things. This is exactly why the rich like bad times....becuase it gives you a great opportunity to buy things cheap. I can't blame him since I bought a second home, a few corvettes and a boat the same way, but I don't feel happy about it....well maybe just a bit. ;)

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sadly even if the Trumpster was elected Pres, the asshats in Congress would probably block every effort to improve our country and get back on the right track. I wish there were term limits for Congress.

yeah its looking like our government sold out to some Arab country over in the middle east

That's where the US usually borrows its money from

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He certainly "says" the things I like to hear. I like that he thinks that Bush was a disaster...that shows that he is a realist. I like that he sees China as a problem as well as Mexico. But some things in his past worry me. His shameless use of the bankruptcy laws makes me feel that he is not an honorable person. If I make a deal with someone I hold up my end of the bargain no matter what. If you blow a business venture you shouldn't be able to just walk away with millions having screwed lots of little guys out of their life savings. It's just not right.

One thing that made me laugh was his claim that he is having a ball right now, since it is a great time to buy things. This is exactly why the rich like bad times....becuase it gives you a great opportunity to buy things cheap. I can't blame him since I bought a second home, a few corvettes and a boat the same way, but I don't feel happy about it....well maybe just a bit. ;)
I'm happy for you mann :thumbsup:

Enjoy

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I can't blame him since I bought a second home, a few corvettes and a boat the same way, but I don't feel happy about it....well maybe just a bit. ;)
And I thought you were rich. You obviously aren't because you are honest, and as we all know from DC threads rich people are always liars and cheats. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now trumps a birth-er lol

I think that's the wrong direction to go,

But still he share's many of the same view points as a lot of Americans do today

Also Trump is a business man and he may pull out all the stops

that are in the way of Making America Rich $$$$$$ Again :nuts:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Now trumps a birth-er lol

I think that's the wrong direction to go,

But still he share's many of the same view points as a lot of Americans do today

Also Trump is a business man and he may pull out all the stops

that are in the way of Making America Rich $$$$$$ Again :nuts:
Old news.

He's not a birther. He just questions why Obama won't release the real deal if there is nothing to hide. Common sense if you ask me.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I dont care much about it either

But, Anything is better than Obama

and I like the message Trump brings

Also he doesn't need the publicity because he can generate that in many ways

I think he wants to help the country rather than gain any kind of Political prestige like the other Career politicians Seek

I hope he runs

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It would feel good to have a leader that puts our country's interests first.
yeah Buddy I think he comes from a different angle and would have a different approach to solving the country's problems

Americans are sick to death of these 2nd rate spot light chasing career politicians

We need a leader that has some Common business sense,

Someone that can count would be nice :laughing:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts