Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Why you ask? Battery in the trunk?

If so you could put a jumper cable on the starter for power.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car battery is in its stock location.The reason I ask is because I carry a combination Jump Start/Tire Pump battery in the trunk.If I am out on a trip and come out to a dead battery somewhere I need to get into the trunk to get the Jump Start battery to start the car.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
The car battery is in its stock location.The reason I ask is because I carry a combination Jump Start/Tire Pump battery in the trunk.If I am out on a trip and come out to a dead battery somewhere I need to get into the trunk to get the Jump Start battery to start the car.
Those aren't for starting your own car, they're for helping someone else. You'll need help. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
That's werd, the op answered the question on how to open the trunk in that thread last year (post 5) :laughing:

I guess he forgot. :huh:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's werd, the op answered the question on how to open the trunk in that thread last year (post 5) :laughing:

I guess he forgot. :huh:
Not so werd.
I have since added a trunk partition. With luggage in the trunk I cant get to the trunk handle.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Not so werd.
I have since added a trunk partition. With luggage in the trunk I cant get to the trunk handle.
OK, you are holding back some vitial info. So let me ask, how often does your battery go dead?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, you are holding back some vitial info. So let me ask, how often does your battery go dead?
I have never had a dead battery.I am just trying to be pro-active in case I do.I have been in boon dock situations where I have said to myself I hope this car starts.
There is a product on the market that you plug into the lighter port,wait a while and start the car.Reverse current to the dead battery. Enough to provide power to pop the trunk.This would work but now I have to carry another device.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts