Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live on the Beach and my polished TT2 wheels always look gloomy in need of a polish and I'm so tired of polishing these wheels every week not to mention I sold my house with garage so no taking off wheels to polish inside.

I was thinking about buying ZR-1 style wheels, chrome or pay to powder black or powder black my current TT2 wheels.

I'll never buy polished wheels again.

ZR-1 Wheels: http://shop.afswheels.com/AFS-ZR-1-Wheels-fits-88-96-Corvette-17-x11-Camaro-CHROME-Rim-Set-S7C.htm

And ....

http://www.corvettemikemidwest.com/Inventory/Corvette+Accessories/Corvette+Replica+Wheels/Details/FR5035.html

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jeff -

My 2nd post attachment should be an image / picture of an all black C4 and black wheels. I am unable to see that.

Any wheel advise, Jeff ... ?

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Jeff -

My 1993 black C4 looks like your Avatar .... and your wheels look good. What wheel is that - the brand ... ?

- Thanks

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Don't call me sir. I'm just Andy. Yes they can powder coat, anodize in several colors and offer polished :laughing:

·
Premium Member
10,489 Posts
Hi Jeff -

My 2nd post attachment should be an image / picture of an all black C4 and black wheels. I am unable to see that.

Any wheel advise, Jeff ... ?

Thanks

My wheels are 18x10 and 18x12 Shelby Series 1 3pc wheels from Speedline

They are hard to find

·
Registered
633 Posts
Copo and OldVetteDude...I'd be interested in know wheel size and tire size on both of your rides. OldVetteDude, are those off a newer Vette...if so, what year and what issues did you have?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Torq Thrust Two Wheels: Raw and unpolished .... Not sure the size, but have big in the back and bigger than stock but smaller in front. Purchased from Tire Rack five years ago.

My Tires: Best you can buy - DSG3 Goodyear ( Expensive ) !!!

Note: I want to switch to another wheel because I have zero time to polish TT2 wheels every 2 weeks.

My Advice: Go with a Mat Finish, Chrome or Powdered Finish.

Unpolished / Polished Wheels = Huge Headache !!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts