Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i dont know much about the whole computerized business. im getting an 02 Z06 and im going to put a set of SLP longtubes on it. im going to run without cats. will it need to be tuned after the install? and can they turn off the rear sensors so i dont have to buy the dummy sensor things? where is a good place to take it in the southern indiana area for a tune?

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
First, if you want the thing to really run right you better get it tuned and all the nonsense BS they sell gadgets for can be 'tuned out' such as the rear 02 sensors, skip shift and much more.

As to your decision about header brand I would as around first before you spend your $$. I personally have NO experience with them but I do with about three other brands.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tune out

Olddog, I'm having my '00 tuned next Tuesday (5-1). It didn't even know I could 'tune out' some things like skip shift. What else can they get rid of or would you recommend? By the way, why would I want to tune out the o2 sensors?

First, if you want the thing to really run right you better get it tuned and all the nonsense BS they sell gadgets for can be 'tuned out' such as the rear 02 sensors, skip shift and much more.

As to your decision about header brand I would as around first before you spend your $$. I personally have NO experience with them but I do with about three other brands.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Early,

Not sure as to where to begin this and will probably leave out a dozen things.

Turn off rear 02 sensors, skip shift, torque management and launch control if your car has it, turn off the Cat overtemp protection setting, make the high and low octane settings the same and don't run it without hightest.

If available data log the car too AFTER the tune to make sure of your AF ratios and timing etc . . . this may help a tad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts