Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i dont post here a whole lot but maybe you can answer a question for me. i have a 96 LT4 coupe and i am getting a free ecu managment program from a friend who had a 94 corvette the problem i wondering about is will it work with a OBDII? anybody using the tunercat program? like it? can i just get a OBDII cable and it will work? any input is greatly appreciated since i know nothing about scanning/tuning

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
-=Jeff=- should be able to help you out. Not sure of his experience with OBDII but, he does have a lot of tuning experience with some of the software packages out there.

Hang tight, I'm sure he'll be around shortly. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
i use an auto x-ray scanner.it reads all OBDs,and OBD 2s for all cars including imports.it scans,but most scanners can not adjust programs.thats a seperate deal.
i'm not sure i understand the question,are you trying to load a 94 program in place of the 96.not fimiliar with tunercat.is it a hand held unit(like hypertech)or is it a program (like LS1 edit or LT1 edit?)OBD 2,and OBD 1 is not compatable.
is there something wrong with your stock program?do you have a lot of mods?:smokin:

·
Registered
104 Posts
No, OBDI LT1-Edit or Tunercat will not work with and OBDII car (unless you swap in an OBDI PCM).

Currently for OBDII LT1-Edit is the only game in town. The program requires their cable also, so just any OBDII cable will not work.

Jimmy

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AH i see. well just for sh*ts and giggles, what all can you do with the LT4 edit? can you do things like make your fans come on sooner? perhaps delete your cags and O2 sensors so i wont run a check engine lgiht if i gut my cats? can i adjust fuel and timing? the site wasnt to specific on what all it could do. anyone here running it?

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
i never used LT1 Edit,but LS1 edit will do everything you listed and about 5,000 other tuning peramitters.you will need some practice or you WILL screw up.this is not for beginners.get a sanner a get used to scanning your car first.then at least you have a feel for what your looking at and how they related to other changes.
now that said,i go on the tunning forums also,and the first mistake that everyone makes and them corrects,is the MAS.you can get away without the screen,but don't port it.even the lingenfelter twin turbos use stock MAS.have fun.once you start tuning,you'll probably never quit..:laughing:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts