• Kenwood navigation system

Votes: 2 8.7%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right,
I'm sure all of you have to make choices and here is mine.

Its either
imo the wheels make the car, as clothes make the man. No rubbish straight bolt on wheels 17". My old steel wheels are in good shape but the car has been sitting in the same spot for the last 5 years so i will need new rubber anyway.
Delivery time 8 weeks

Or
As the car is going to be driven on a regular base and I do alot of road some tunes with gps and a bluetooth set to finally be able to call hands free. Yeah I know the engine/exhaust sound is music to the ears but after 5000 miles it will be the same old song anyway. Everything is out of the car so installing it will be alot easier (especially the gps module as it has to be connected to handbreak and reverse lights.
Delivery time 4 weeks

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
Woman's opinion...go for the rims. Use your IPOD or an MP3 player. Unless you can find a sugar mama to buy you both...have you been a good boy?

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Wheels wheels wheels..............You shouldn't be able to hear your stereo over your exhaust anyway:devil:

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
I voted wheels but if your steelies are good and you can paint them to match the car go radio. That is a nice piece. You can buy used wheels cheaper later.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I'd go for the wheels, like Stingin'76 said: you shouldn't be able to hear your stereo over your exhaust:devil:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's going to go the way i thought it would go :)

Surprisingly all women choose rims woohoo !
Parent : disowned me for spending all this cash on the car!
Wife : close to a divorce for spending all this cash on a car!

Start the 'help the dojo restore his car' fund Sweetee!

Nick

·
Banned
1,311 Posts
spend it on track time.

It'll truely improve your quality of life.

realize those wheels will make it ride brutal on the street. 17" tires have no give to them to absorb bumps.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
:thumbsup: Wheels:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
My opinion...Buy the wife a car too!!! Its only fair!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Its all about hp... forget the rims and tunes....

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
OLDE TYME hotrodder here, at it for about 50 years...damnit...

IMO...paint/wheels etc if you DRIVE the car daily, actually enjoy it, are a diminishing return due to age....

but various performance things make the car much better for use.....
wheels/tires...steering/brakes/engine/tranny/suspension/ the list is endless...allmost...

BUT the amount of parts/support and documented modifications far exceeds most any other car....

IMO, if you can hear the tunes....and KEEP THEM.....your exhaust is too QUIET!!!!!

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Get the wheels and and then drop a few bills on a Garmin for when you need the nav.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
WHEELS :thumbsup:

If you need a navigational device to find your way around paved streets.........
I think your hanging out on the wrong forum. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts