Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to purchase a Procharger kit for an 08 Z06, the issue with this Z06 that it has Lingenfelter modified heads, headers, intakes & a GT21 racing camshaft (630hp engine kit). I suspect that the car would run a little lean with the basic tune provided with the Procharger kit which is meant for a stock Z06. So, I suspect that I might need to modify the kit's basic tune. My question is, are the tuning tools included in the Procharger kit, (a Predator hand held & bundled software) sufficient enough to do data logging & modify fuel/ignition tables accordingly?
Could the software be used for AFR data logging in conjunction with an external wideband reader such as Innovate LM1? Also, could the logging software log knock through the knock sensor?

I would appreciate any help/advice especially if you have a similar setup to mine.
The car also has forged engine internals:
JE pistons 8.5 compression
Callies H-beam offset conrods
Callies 4340 crankshaft
Speed Pro bearings

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
With all your mods you have on the car now and with the charger I would have it dyno tuned by a professional. With all your mods and how much power you’re going to be making I would not use a hand held tuner. Do your research on a good tuner around your area. I like the hand held tuners, but not for your set-up. Just my opinion. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts