Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
almost......had a little set back..............broken piston:thud:

Really busy trying to get a boatbuilding business off the ground so the vett has taken a back seat for a while.

got all the bits to do it though!

thinking about doing it are you?

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Anyone here have a Turbocharged C-3?
Silly assed funny bird....talk to Twin Turbo...TT for short, these daze....or Twinnie as his handle was back when on the alt.auto.corvette news group via the old UU net daze....been about ten years now....close, anyway...

so yeh, there are more than just him around, fer shure....

I would LOVE to do a TT boost with DPFI on this engine, but can't spare 20 grand to do it.....rather take wifey poo on a alaska cruise...

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Silly assed funny bird....talk to Twin Turbo...TT for short, these daze....or Twinnie as his handle was back when on the alt.auto.corvette news group via the old UU net daze....been about ten years now....close, anyway...

so yeh, there are more than just him around, fer shure....

I would LOVE to do a TT boost with DPFI on this engine, but can't spare 20 grand to do it.....rather take wifey poo on a alaska cruise...
I know that Glen. I am seeing if anyone here is doing it.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Little bit OT, but have you seen the Video from Nelson Racing? Twin Turbo '63 Tempest.. Should be a law against that thing-- mostly because I can't afford an engine like that for my Vette!!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Turbo never interested me. If I were to go exotic, it would be with this setup. Old school!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Turbo never interested me. If I were to go exotic, it would be with this setup. Old school!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'd really like to play with that setup. I always recall watching the Outlaw Sprint guys (before they were Outlaw Sprints) and how quick they came on.
I guess I'm a little "Old School" too.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Hilborn fuel injection was THE way to go back in the late 50s-early 60s. Gassers and even rails used it a lot.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Old school is good.........I'm guessing some of you guy's are old enough to have known it before it was called old school Right!:laughing:

There is a Guy here, cant think of his name. built up a BB TT in a C3.
he posted a Video a few months back.
all I can remember is his sig. reads " the only twin turbo big block in Idaho"
Idaho I think but not sure!

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
banks uses log style manifold, much like the ones I'm using. I'm not sure theirs will fit though, they have the wastegate up front and it could get tight with the upper control arm cross shafts right there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts