Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

The xmas holidays are coming up very soon, and it is time 2 start the work on the 1988 vette, after taking a ride in a STi last night i have changed my mind on putting a sc onto the vette and are going for the TWIN TURBO Project!!!

Now this will be a first for me as i have never work on turbos, so im going 2 take it slow and hopfully it will be all done by Feb 14th 2004 (in time for my bday)

Im not sure if i should sell the L98 and buy myself a Lt4 or lt1 tune and stroke that then install the turbo in that. I will have 2 get the turbo custom made, same wit the i/c anyone got any ideas where i can get that done.

My oldman got all the tools in the world and if he doesn't we will be able 2 get it easy from his work, so installion will be done by me, my oldman and my mates (dont think they will help much ahahaha)

I think i will upgrade brakes 2 z06 or c5 type brakes, and reinforce the d44 and do the rest off the stuff 2 the handing ect. after i get an est. on the hp i will make with the turbo (as this is kind of my 1st /2nd car and im only 17 i think 500 or 650rwhp will be ok for the start :D :D :D :D)

Wish me luck for the 1st turbo vette in australia (i think)

Cya Michael

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
good luck......make sure to take pics to post

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics and Info will come as soon as i start the work (just for a new Sony digital camera 2days ago so very high quilty pics hehe :D)

Just through i give alittle update, i was over at those turbo vette websites, and this website seam 2 be where everyone is getting there turbos and wastegate http://www.precisionte.com.

Now im not 2 sure on which turbo 2 get most people with turbo c4 are using the PT52 (2 of them), now at $675

Comes with T04E Compressor Cover - 3" Inlet and 2" Outlet, large 60 trim comp wheel, T350 76 trim turbine wheel, .63 or .85 A/R.
For high 10 second applications, 3000 minimum stall required.

These turbo's require a specific wastegate actuator for true bolt-on compatability, sold seperately.

Supports up to 600 hp at the flywheel.

doesnt seem 2 bad; the next few models T64E ect just add an extrat 100hp (700hp at the flywheel) and are $300 more in price. Hmm do u think it is worth the extract $$$ ....?

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
T04E is a tad small, only 600Hp and that's with the turbo at max effort. They mention the wastegate probably because of the danger of overboosting it. What are your power goals?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
TwinTurbo said:
T04E is a tad small, only 600Hp and that's with the turbo at max effort. They mention the wastegate probably because of the danger of overboosting it. What are your power goals?
Im not 2 sure at my hp goal yet, i think after the engine is tune and stroke i will get idea of wat it can hand and what i want
but i will be using 2 PT52 therefore the top hp will be 1200hp right...?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was just thinking about something; i will need some sort of turbo-timing, boost gauge ect. now i don't know if anyone makes them for corvette (america style v8), so im guessing i will need to buy some sort of j-spec (hks ect.) turbo-timing, boost gauges ect

Does anyone have any idea where 2 start looking..?

·
Registered
990 Posts
wow:surprised you guys are way over my head but it sure sounds interesting. I'll ask around................................

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Michael Malone Smith said:
wow:surprised you guys are way over my head but it sure sounds interesting. I'll ask around................................
Thanks :cheers: , more help the better, im kind of learning as i go so if i can teach a few people i will be more than happy 2 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
aloha guys,
sounds like a nice project.maybe you can score guages out of a callaway twin-turbo vette.or i'm summit racing has every guage available to mankind.:laughing:
a while back i was thinking of getting a 96 LT4 and paint it like a G.S. without the hash marks (no offense),then find a wrecked calloway and grab the twins and as much wiring and computer junk as possible.then put the calloway aero-body kit on it.i just don't have the cash for all the toys i want.:laughing:
good luck,i'll be keeping an eye on your progress......:smokin:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Soulja_350 said:
Thanks BubbleHead, i have been using that site alot :cheers:
No problem. Keep us posted on your project, I'm totally interested in how it turns out along with how you do it. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Wow, pretty ambitious project, keep us posted. Don't forget to take some pics along the way. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts