Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well when I got the car the turn signals weren't working, after a once over I bought a new turn signal switch because the last one was broken. I plugged that into the harmonica connector and tested it and it still isn't working. The hazards work, so I know the bulbs aren't blown. The fuse is fine. So do the turn signals utilize a different flasher module than the hazards? Where's the flasher module? If anyone has a picture of the underside of the lights so I can see the wiring, i'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Well when I got the car the turn signals weren't working, after a once over I bought a new turn signal switch because the last one was broken. I plugged that into the harmonica connector and tested it and it still isn't working. The hazards work, so I know the bulbs aren't blown. The fuse is fine. So do the turn signals utilize a different flasher module than the hazards? Where's the flasher module? If anyone has a picture of the underside of the lights so I can see the wiring, i'd appreciate it.
Hazards and turns use seperate flashers. I do not know where on your year.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Turn signal flasher on a 1976 is held in a clip all the way over on the passenger side up under the dash (near the courtesy light). You should easily be able to reach under the dash and remove it.
JIML82

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I didn't actually find one, just a bunch of wires not connected to anything. lol I love electrical issues. How do I tell whether it's good or not?

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you can't find the flasher over on the passenger side, maybe that is why you don't have any turn signals. Maybe this picture from the AIM will help. I added the wire colors to the picture for you.

It is also possible that somebody just stuffed the flasher and wiring back up behind the dash somewhere. The wiring colors should help to find it and/or the connector.
JIML82

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks JIML82, that helps out alot. I saw a couple connectors that weren't plugged in to anything so hopefully it is there. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I have nothing to add to the great information that has already been posted here. It is definitely under the passenger side of the dash, and it is definitely the purple & pink/white wires. I just replaced mine when I did the interior work.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I just put in the new relay and crossed my fingers as I tested it to see if it works....nope :down: So now i'm somewhat confused as to where to look. The lights turn on and they flash with the hazards. Does anyone have a diagram with the colors of wires going to the turn signal bulb and side markers?

·
Registered
910 Posts
All lites=brown

driver rear=yellow
driver front=light blue
pass rear=dark green
pass front=dark blue

:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts