Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my new 2013 2 weeks now and love it. I've been to the track and it handles great.
When I turn sharp to get into a parking space, something goes on with the steering. I don't see where it's rubbing, but something seems to be wrong.
Has anybody seen this or know anything about it?

· Premium Member
3,612 Posts
Those sticky front tires are probably dragging sideways on the road near lock at low speeds. Not uncommon for vehicles with wide front tires, especially on concrete and in colder weather.

· Registered
1,332 Posts
Those sticky front tires are probably dragging sideways on the road near lock at low speeds. Not uncommon for vehicles with wide front tires, especially on concrete and in colder weather.
I have to make a 90 degree turn out of my driveway to leave and my stock GY's drag big time when it's cold out! Freaked me out the first time I heard it before I realized what had happened.

· Premium Member
17,452 Posts
You should try turning one with the big tires on the front and a locker rear end in the rear. Kind of like trying to turn a tractor with out indivdual rear brakes.

· Registered
5,155 Posts
Are you at least getting the satisfying "CLUNK, CLUNK" from the differential as the oil works its way into the limited slip clutch plates?

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you at least getting the satisfying "CLUNK, CLUNK" from the differential as the oil works its way into the limited slip clutch plates?
I haven't really noticed that. I guess the front tires are too much to notice the rear end.
Does anybody know if they make a 1st to 4th bypass for the later models. I've only been able to find them for the C5s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.