Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Tustin. As you see below, the Tustin Airship Hangar location is confirmed. The base is surrounded by chainlink fence with green nylon 'vision blockers' attached. The parkways surrounding the base are all NO PARKING or Stopping zones. The Apartments next to the base are all gated security facilities so I had to get creative to park close, dash across parkways and shoot through and over the fences. The pics are taken from two different locations - one to the East farther away and the other to the South up close. As you can see (and expected I'm sure) the hangars are huge. GM has set up some tents and stalls for some reason and cones that are likely intended to direct the bus carrying the journalists to the hanger. The pick of the guy driving the Volt has a lot of glare on the windshield, but I did get a good look at him and he is not one of the top Corvette guys to the best of my knowledge. I'd like to have taken more picks, a guard spotted me and started walking towards me while talking into his shoulder walki-talky. I was about a 130 yards from the guarded entrance gate and another guard had gotten up and started towards me, so I pivoted and got out of there. Not sure they could have done anything. I was outside the fence, but 20 feet from the public sidewalk. Anyway, here are the least bad pics (none are really great).

I had also considered getting shots of the Automotive museum a few miles away but it is NOT attractive or even enticing from the outside. It looks like a million other small warehouse facilities across the country.

·
Super Moderator
10,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Zooming in on pics #3 and #5 it looks like the big tent will be where Tadge, or someone will hold a show, tell, and answer session. Maybe limited to the local car clubs that have been invited or maybe open to all.

·
Super Moderator
10,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been to a couple of car shows there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts