Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody see this thing? It's funky. The turbos replace your mufflers in the back of the car. Sounds like it might actually work well. It's about 8 grand though. I caught the very tale end of two guys garage where they did an install. http://www.twoguysgarage.com/home/ Check it out.

Sorry everybody, I fixed the link!:crazy:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,439 Posts
Sorry Turtle, linkee no workee

·
Registered
771 Posts
The link works... you just have to get rid of the ":smokin:" part after the URL. He just put the emoticon too close, that's all.

That design sounds very interesting... I wonder, though, if putting the turbo's that far from the headers would allow for resonant backpressure in the exhaust to mess with the boost pressure and turbo response? Typically, you want the exhaust passing through the turbo almost as soon as it exits the exhaust manifold or as close as possible. The compressibility of the air/exhaust mixture and the backpressure in such a long distance to the turbos in the rear of the car is a big concern to me...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry everybody, I fixed the Link.:bang

·
Registered
30 Posts
I saw this episode on Speed. I was skeptical at first but after seeing the demo and reading the forums of vette owners who have this system...I want one. BAD.
:hump:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I saw that episode too, had a nice C5 Z06 with twin turbos and it sounds sweet. I have also seen a similar setup on a late model Camaro too. The systems definitely works.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Anyone seen the commercial with the red viper and the blue Z06...??? Its for the turbo system and its quite the funny one I might add!

Joe

·
Registered
740 Posts
At first I was concerned about the pressure lost that one might have with the air traveling that distance, but in the past few weeks I have been definitely convinced by the STS system.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Villain said:
Yeah!! That was equivalent to a "tap out".:laughing:
HAHA! Exactly!!! HAHA!:partyon:

Joe

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
A friend of mine is getting his LT1 camaro STS turbo'd... It should be here by the end of the week! So when I get a ride, Ill give you guys the verdict!

Joe

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah let us know, I am curious. I don't have the money for it yet, but I'm half way there, I will have to decide which power adder to get pretty soon and this looks promising.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Will do!

Joe

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice, let me know how it goes, I am really interested. And if you don't mind tell me what the final price was. Product plus labor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys, just wanted to add my 2 cents. The STS system is great and can produce some amazing numbers. The install is not that bad. My install is here. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Bad news... My friend took his LT1 back from the shop... Turns out hes not going to have the money for the turbos and the install so he ended up buying a vortec super...

Sorry guys! I really wished it could have went through but its not my money! :D

Joe

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dang CajunDude, you have dropped a lot of cash into your car, your numbers are impressive. Thanks for all the pictures, and all the feedback.:cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts