Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Is that one bad assed twin turbo LSx engine I hear or is that just a bad exhaust leak? Hehe...:thumbsup:

I presume your gonna be north of 1000 hp with that little set of power adders...:partyon:
its a nasty cam with the exhaust just dumping out the front bumper. We are planning on dyno Thursday!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Boosted I added this thread to the Archived build sticky just under your original build thread so everyone can keep up with your build. Keep the info coming and great job. A few of your pictures are missing but could be my link.

Mark

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Boosted I added this thread to the Archived build sticky just under your original build thread so everyone can keep up with your build. Keep the info coming and great job. A few of your pictures are missing but could be my link.

Mark
Thanks Mark!

I will go thru it all this weekend and make sure it has all the pictures. I use the same hosting for everything so that is weird.

Dyno vid thursday!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
I came to the dyno to let Scott Clark tune idle and cruising simulation. He knocked it out so fast we decided to do pulls on my 5psi springs.

Pull 1: 350 hp 360 tq 5k rpms (timing pulled)
Pull 2: 380hp 390 tq 6300 rpms (timing pulled)

Fixed the timing being pulled

Pull 3: 400hp and 410 tq at only 5000 rpms!!!! (Ran out of fuel had to get out)
This thing is gonna make HUGE power when we go to 20 psi and 7k rpms on the 2nd pump.

Thanks to Josh Heitschmidt for the killer experience!!! He jumped on any and all issues like burnt vaccum lines, burnt spark plug wire, coolant leaks, etc with Joseph Meiner and never hesitated. Best experienc ever and only dyno ill ever go to.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Been a while on updates, figured I would fill you guys in after today. We have been busy fighting a ton of issues. On the dyno we melted every plug wire and vaccum line, also had a leaking cylinder head with water coming out of the bolt hole.

We relocated the coils under the car, dei wrapped everything, and added turbo blankets to fight heat issues. Also put heat shielding around some vaccum lines. Fixed the cylinder head and had her back together in a day!

Next fixed the brakes, got alt charging, put in led headlights, and get her street ready. So we took her out for the 5 minutes of no rain we had. Was a blast! Boost scared the **** out of me and I sucked at my first ever burnout, but it will come with time!

(sorry about vertical filming, amateur filmer in passenger seat :p)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
If I'am not mistaken the car is fore sale, saw it on FB :thud:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
If I'am not mistaken the car is fore sale, saw it on FB :thud:
Its for sale but I am not pushing it. I am looking at buying my first house and paying off student loans as its like another mortgage. If someone comes by with what I am asking I would let it go. If not, everything continues! Car will be tested again next weeekend!

·
Banned
607 Posts
A Race Car like yours is hard to sell right now.
The US Presidential Election ended this week.
Everyone is looking for signs of a Better Day Soon.
The Stock Market Booms.
Guys lay down $40,000 -50,000 cash up front to build that New 25.3 NHRA Pro Mod style chassis race car.

I worked on a 25.3 chassis Ford recent with my bud Ed Recent.
Unbelievable how expensive ....
$40,000 bucks spent.
Its on my own little website.

Anyhow $160,000 bucks to go to finish it.

Twin Turbo 3,000 HP BB 460 Build.
He has the Twin Ceramic Ball Bearing Turbos 88 mm.

$40 K got a state of the art 25.3 full chrome moly chassis.
A Pro Mod Mark Williams Rear 10.5 " ring gear 9 inch.
4- link coil overs
Stilleto Billet Rack & Pinion.
The Stilleto is OH SO NICE.
Silky Smooth like a Brand New Corvette turning the steering wheel with your Pinky Finger.

You should keep your Twin Turbo Vette & finish it.
Track it at least once.
Most guys with 2,000-4,000 Hp just wan to run 1/8 mile.
Trapping 202-230 mph scares them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
A Race Car like yours is hard to sell right now.
The US Presidential Election ended this week.
Everyone is looking for signs of a Better Day Soon.
The Stock Market Booms.
Guys lay down $40,000 -50,000 cash up front to build that New 25.3 NHRA Pro Mod style chassis race car.

I worked on a 25.3 chassis Ford recent with my bud Ed Recent.
Unbelievable how expensive ....
$40,000 bucks spent.
Its on my own little website.

Anyhow $160,000 bucks to go to finish it.

Twin Turbo 3,000 HP BB 460 Build.
He has the Twin Ceramic Ball Bearing Turbos 88 mm.

$40 K got a state of the art 25.3 full chrome moly chassis.
A Pro Mod Mark Williams Rear 10.5 " ring gear 9 inch.
4- link coil overs
Stilleto Billet Rack & Pinion.
The Stilleto is OH SO NICE.
Silky Smooth like a Brand New Corvette turning the steering wheel with your Pinky Finger.

You should keep your Twin Turbo Vette & finish it.
Track it at least once.
Most guys with 2,000-4,000 Hp just wan to run 1/8 mile.
Trapping 202-230 mph scares them.
Yea things just happened in life to where if someone comes with the right cash I will, I'm not advertising it at all and I'm not stopping either. However things like my college shutting down my degree programming making $30k wasted in my last year and looking at moving out of state just made me put it out there.

Also its not really a track car, the interior and cooling system etc was all built and tested around street usage. It might be awhile before it sees a track but its seeing the street in 2 weeks!

·
Banned
607 Posts
Yea things just happened in life to where if someone comes with the right cash I will, I'm not advertising it at all and I'm not stopping either. However things like my college shutting down my degree programming making $30k wasted in my last year and looking at moving out of state just made me put it out there.

Also its not really a track car, the interior and cooling system etc was all built and tested around street usage. It might be awhile before it sees a track but its seeing the street in 2 weeks!
I hear Ya...things change and it affects direct You.
I have been there.

The Wife does Computer IT Work.
She is an Administrator.
She is writing in her spare time.
Science Fiction & 1 Romance comedy published.
The Mother in law is a writer too.

I have a brand New Competition Engineering Pro Magnum 4-Link Kit & Strange Engineering Double adjustable Coil over shocks still meant for my 1987 C4 Vette.
Could use on my TA but it too valuable now to cut up.

IRS Rear will take abuse.
Have to avoid wheel hop, will break parts then.
You can do alot with shock settings full adjustable units.
Full soft settings on C3's on the Street does wonders.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts