Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
My 94 convert just had the optispark replaced before I bought it,
I read a few threads about installing a vacuum line on it but it sounds like a big job. My 1rst question is about the A/C lines running just in front of the motor (near the optispark) , when the A/C is on I see alot of condensation and water dripping from the hoses/lines, is that normal and will it effect the optispark?. I thought maybe its an indication that the AC is either overcharged or undercharged (its cold enough , but sure makes a puddle).

question 2. when I bought the car it sounded great , now I hear a whining when I am not pressing the clutch, the whining goes away when I press the clutch, I know its probably the throwout bearing, but I do have a nintey day warranty on the tranny just wanted to know if it could be coming from the tranny?
how do I check short of taking it apart?

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Topman said:
question 2. when I bought the car it sounded great , now I hear a whining when I am not pressing the clutch, the whining goes away when I press the clutch, I know its probably the throwout bearing, but I do have a nintey day warranty on the tranny just wanted to know if it could be coming from the tranny?
how do I check short of taking it apart?
I can answer question #2. Both my LT4 cars (both low-mile cars) do/did the same thing.... to this day!

Noisy with the clutch out, quiet with it in. It's by far louder than any other car I've driven.

Could you possibly get a ride in someone else's 6-speed to compare?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Patrick,
Thanks thats a great idea!
I am gonna do just that , I know someone selling a 94
coupe local here in Orlando, I almost bought it , but decided to buy the lower milege convertible instead . gonna look at it again tommorrow to compare them

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok,
drove the other vette I almost bought, what a piece of junk, it has major wiring problems and feels like it will need suspension/steering work too, also oil leaking, bad starter (clicks with no start intermitently) & alternator (needle pulsing). + the paint looks bad, seats worn. funny how I thought it looked good when I saw it last time , I guess pooring rain will make any car look good. she wants 10K for it (94 blue coupe +removable roof)
Anyway it didn't have the whining clutch noise mine is making,
I am pretty sure I have a bad tranny mount, the whining is one thing, tonight I took a drive and could feel a bad vibration under the car. The fact that this all started with a downshift to first it all makes sense, to bad I have to wait till saturday to jack it up and check it. will post what I find out , can't wait to fix it . the car was so smooth , before this.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm probably just hearing things , I've apparently been driving a Honda to long.
Today I drove over to Rogers Corvette and H & H ,they have some awesome looking motors (& cars) at corvette masters, just loved driving (speeding) around.
I'm gonna keep this one totally stock , but if I hit lotto I'd build one for racing & shows.
thanks for welcoming me to this forum with your responses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts