Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wondering if the Corvette design team might have actually designed two different headlight systems for the C6?

You have the exposed one being implemented for the C6 introduction that we've all heard about (& seen possibly in that presentation picture).

But, wouldn't it make sense for such a controversial Corvette design element that they might have also designed a "backup" version... a hidden headlight version perhaps as a replacement to be introduced during the second model year in the event that they receive too much negative criticism over the initial design.

What do you all think?

Just thinking out loud.

:buhbye:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Tiger Shark said:
I've been wondering if the Corvette design team might have actually designed two different headlight systems for the C6?

You have the exposed one being implemented for the C6 introduction that we've all heard about (& seen possibly in that presentation picture).

But, wouldn't it make sense for such a controversial Corvette design element that they might have also designed a "backup" version... a hidden headlight version perhaps as a replacement to be introduced during the second model year in the event that they receive too much negative criticism over the initial design.

What do you all think?

Just thinking out loud.

:buhbye:
Hmm.

No, but I think they may have pondered several headlight designs early on. But, they picked one and went for it. The picture of the headlight is at a weird angle, and there is not enough surface showing to properly guage the size or prespective. So, it could suck... or not suck.

There is NO way possible that GM would do a dang thing if people hated the headlights on the C6! Much like the C5, if you didn't like the lights in 1997 you still won't like it in 2004.

I think with whatever the C6 ends up being, you won't see any exterior changes at least 4 years.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
So do you think aftermarket companies will offer pop-up replacement headlights?

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Nope. Zero. Nadda.
yep. It would be WAY too expensive for an aftermarket group to develop motorized pop ups for the C6, on the chance that someone MIGHT by them. They'd be significantly more expensive than the +/- $1,000 C5 fixed lights cost now.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm guessing they will be HID lights, I cant imagine them being otherwise since almost all new cars have that system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts