Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
than I have recieved in the 3 1/2 years I've owned my '87!

The first was a woman that said "nice sounding car!" as she walked by while I sat with the engine running in a parking spot.

The other was a couple of guys that were walking in the store as I was pulling up. While inside they asked me if I put a new engine in there. When I told them I have a Hot cam and headers they had an expression like all that noise from just that?

I must admit that when I bought it stock, it was too quiet. My dream of owning a Corvette included a loud exhaust like the Corvettes of old that I fell in love with. Now I'm living my dream!:cool:

Too bad the wife thinks otherwise but I think she'll get used to it :D

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
BubbleHead said:
Most people are probably too jealous to compliment your bad boy Vette. :D
Kids on the sidewalk will yell "AWESOME CORVETTE" and their Dad's won't even look at the car and they tug their kids and say "c'mon let's go"....

Anyway...

I've only heard one car with a hotcam and long tubes and it sounded bad ass!

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Here is how you KNOW you have a hot ride....

When a kid yells at you and tells you you have a cool car! We all know that kids are real honest and will tell you what they think.

That's the biggest compliment to me, is a kids opinion. They know what they like.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, gotta love the kids!!

When I first bough the car, like I said it was too quiet. The kiddies never heard me coming. Then when I got the cat-back, they would give me a wave or the older girlies would shout "cool car" and such. Now that I have the headers and hi-flow cat, I can't wait for spring. Don't see too many kids out with the temps being as cold as they are.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL!! I thought my wife would like it since she didn't complain at all when I installed the Dynomax cat-back. NOPE!! She's been gripin' about it lately. :rolleyes: It's winter though and she knows the Vette has very little traction. I think she'll like it come Spring when she's able to open it up past 1/2 throttle. :D

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
War machine said:
LOL!! I thought my wife would like it since she didn't complain at all when I installed the Dynomax cat-back. NOPE!! She's been gripin' about it lately. :rolleyes: It's winter though and she knows the Vette has very little traction. I think she'll like it come Spring when she's able to open it up past 1/2 throttle. :D
Right on! If i give her more than half throttle now, I'd be seeing God about 15 seconds later.:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts