Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I went out the other day to take a rid in the 92 Conv and enjoy the sun when the car lunged forward (despite being in park according to the shift indicator) so I figured it would be either a broken or stretched shifter cable and I have the interior mostly out to access the trans tunnel and I still can't figure out how to change this stupid cable. Any help or even recommendations would be a huge help.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Can't help with the how to(check the FSM), since my buddy who at the time worked on all the vettes for the local club replaced mine. But here's something funny i went through two cables and not due to being istalled wrong but there is a grounding issue with these cables. I thought it sounded funny but when I had my transmission rebuilt I brought the story up to the mechanic and he said absolutely correct. We added and extra ground from the ac bracket to the frame. LOL

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I still can't figure out how to change this stupid cable. Any help or even recommendations would be a huge help.
There is a clip in pass side of shifter that holds cable inner.
There is a C Clip at front of shifter that holds outer sheath ( similar to the clip that holds flex brake lines to chassis ) and a plate about 6" forward of the shifter with a seal on it where the cable goes through the tunnel.
Plate with seal has 3 x 7mm screws accessible from the top

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That is helpful but I can't get to remove the cable and that is where I am stuck.

****Update****
I finally got it removed and am in the process of installing the new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts