Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hop in the vette last night to cruise to work... Starts just FINE! Pull right out of the garage! But... I forgot my sun glasses in the house so I go back inside! By the time I come back outside (30 seconds later) the car was off...? Go to start her back up... No go... Push her back into the garage and have to take my beater :(

SOOOO I havent gotten to diagnosing anything yet but I have a hunch that my fuel pump toook a pooper :devil:!

Should I just replace the pump with an OTC unit or should I upgrade and go aftermarket?

Thanks! :buhbye:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have used both the OE and Airtex with good results. I think Airtex may produce the OE unit and AC-Delco repackages it. (but dont hold me to it) Fuel pump fuse good?? Fuel Pressure?? Fuel pump run at key-up??

·
Registered
515 Posts
Pardon me if this seems too obvious but.... Does the gauge work? I would start by checking things like fuel level, pressure, and relay like mentioned. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
8,544 Posts
IF YOUR LOOKING TO JUST REPLACE A DEFECTIVE PUMP ILL OUTLINE THE BASIC STEPS

http://forum.grumpysperformance.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=33

first check your shop manual for the fuse and fuse able link locations
fuses are located in several locations and fuse-able links near the battery

read thru these threads and links above also, as theres a good deal more related info in those threads and links
obviously the first step is PROVING its the FUEL PUMP ITSELF THAT NEEDS REPLACEMENT AND NOT A FUSE OR RELAY OR SENSOR SO READ THRU THESE SUB LINKS, and DO A FEW TESTS BEFORE JUST ASSUMING ITS A DEFECTIVE FUEL PUMP

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ive used Walbro in my Toyota Pickup (supercharged) and in my Vette. The ones I have are 255 litres per hr and cost me around 60$ each.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
So I hop in the vette last night to cruise to work... Starts just FINE! Pull right out of the garage! But... I forgot my sun glasses in the house so I go back inside! By the time I come back outside (30 seconds later) the car was off...? Go to start her back up... No go... Push her back into the garage and have to take my beater :(

SOOOO I havent gotten to diagnosing anything yet but I have a hunch that my fuel pump toook a pooper :devil:!

Should I just replace the pump with an OTC unit or should I upgrade and go aftermarket?

Thanks! :buhbye:
How many miles are on this fuel pump ?

Add a direct 12volts with a ground to the fuel pump to see if it kick's-on or not

After you check the obvious of course

I'm not going to tell you my "Gas Story" lol

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know man.... AHHHHH it never ends with this thing!!!!! Ive maybe only put 1000 miles on it since the trans.... Now the frigger wont start!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!:huh:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I know man.... AHHHHH it never ends with this thing!!!!! Ive maybe only put 1000 miles on it since the trans.... Now the frigger wont start!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!:huh:

Bro I just went through this with my car

Car started and then died

I began reading all the crap on the internet and nothing,

Then I thought Hey

You need to begin diagnosing this The Old way:nuts:

And sure enough I had it fixed in an hour,

Mann Was I was thrilled to have my car running again

Long story short my wire harness had pulled loose somehow and the fuel pump was not getting enough voltage

·
Registered
255 Posts
It will be OK once you get thru this silly crap. I went thru it on my old 85.:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts