Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I want to buy a new C6 Auto here in the UK. However, I notice the Z06 is faster off the line on 0 to 60mph times. Here in UK we don't really have the space to do the 'rolling take off' thing so we tend to race each other mainly away from the lights.

I assume the Z06 is manual gear change only? If I get a C6 are there any easy mods to get more poke out of the take off? I see the C6 auto has avery respectable 0-62 of 4.1 second .... cool. I guess the Z06 can do 3.9 secs because it is manual?

I dearly love my C3 which is a real babe magnet but I get thrashed away from the lights by Subaru's :bang boy do I hate those things. I don't mind the odd Ferrari kicking my ass but a girly "I'm off to do some shopping" Subaru aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course an 'Aston Martin' can leave me behind any time, REEEEEEEEEEESPECT (me being British an all hehe).

So any suggestions how I can get a hold of the Fastest Auto Vette in the UK chaps ????

Eric
London England
God Save The Queen and buy her a Vette

·
Registered
69 Posts
Are you refering to the C5 Z06 or the C6 Z06? If it is the C6 Z you are refering to it is not quicker simply because it is a manual transmission car. The Z06 has 105 more horse power and 75 more lb-ft of torque than the standard issue C6.

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
It's due to the Z06's 3.55 rear gears, it has 105 more horsepower than a C6 and is a lot stiffer..

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
It doesn't seem that you are really sure what a C6 Z06 really is. Believe me it is like no other Corvette ever produced, in a word, it is the "Ultimate Corvette" to date. There is little to compare between a standard model C6 and the Z06 performance wise.

As to the Aston Martins( which I personally love), with all due respect a C6 Z06 will suck their headlights out and spit rubber all over those beautiful cars. If I owned an Aston Martin, I would not subject it to such an abusive encounter as it would face against a '06 Z06:(

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments chaps, much appreciated.

Well, after 2 days of reading till my eyes bleed I know just about everything there is to know about the C6 Z06, on paper anyway.

So, the good news is I've just ordered one :D

Now the dilemma, yellow or black? mmmm yellow really sticks out and looks cool, oh but black always looks mean..... decisions decisions. Well, black or yellow I'm gonna love it anyway :D

Oh it's gonna be soooooo great, hardly anyone knows what a Vette is in the UK. Those poor little Porsche boys are in for such a surprise :nuts: hehe

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mmmm let me put that into the universal trans-universal alpha quadrant speech translator ... aha

English - Chaps

American English - Guys

:excited: hehe

·
Registered
308 Posts
EZZINGTON said:

Well, after 2 days of reading till my eyes bleed I know just about everything there is to know about the C6 Z06, on paper anyway.

Now the dilemma, yellow or black? mmmm yellow really sticks out and looks cool, oh but black always looks mean..... decisions decisions. Well, black or yellow I'm gonna love it anyway :D

Oh it's gonna be soooooo great, hardly anyone knows what a Vette is in the UK. Those poor little Porsche boys are in for such a surprise :nuts: hehe
Congrat's are in order. How long will it take to get?

BTW, mine is Victory Red. I may be partial, but I think that color is great. Actually the Z looks good in any color.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
EZZINGTON said:

Congratulations!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SteveC said:
Congrat's are in order. How long will it take to get?

BTW, mine is Victory Red. I may be partial, but I think that color is great. Actually the Z looks good in any color.
Hi Steve,
I'm told 4 weeks. They have 2 being built now, one in black the other in yellow. Black is my favourite colour but I fancy a change. I live in the expensive side of London so there's plenty of red Ferraris around (main Ferrari dealer 10 minutes away) so I think a yellow Vette will look very individual over here. Although I'll probably go and see both Vettes side by side before a final choice is made.

I can't sleep I'm so excited, I feel like I just won the lottery or something :excited:

Eric

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
EZZINGTON said:
Hi Steve,
I'm told 4 weeks. They have 2 being built now, one in black the other in yellow. Black is my favourite colour but I fancy a change. I live in the expensive side of London so there's plenty of red Ferraris around (main Ferrari dealer 10 minutes away) so I think a yellow Vette will look very individual over here. Although I'll probably go and see both Vettes side by side before a final choice is made.
I can't sleep I'm so excited, I feel like I just won the lottery or something :excited: Eric
Hello Eric old chap,
I don't understand how you are getting a Z06 so fast, does a dealer there already have them? If so, do they convert them there to righthand steering or can you drive lefthand cars there?

As for color, I guess I'm biased but Machine Silver sure looks like one of the prettiest colors to me! :laughing: :thumbsup:

EFE Z06

Machine Silver Z06
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2457/vt14wd.jpg

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
Congrats Eric on the New Z, Personally I'm partial to BLACK. There is nothing so menacing. You'll put a good scare into those Porche and Ferrari boys both. :laughing:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi again, firstly NO we don't convert Vettes to right hand drive in UK. Actually I like hugging the kerb and being close up to the sidewalk, it's easier to chat to the chicks :thumbsup:

Well, I've made my decision and it's going to be BLACK. I have to agree with spiderpat it does look menacing :cool:

Now, if I'm gonna get a Black Beauty what colour interior should I get to compliment it ???????

Eric :lookinup:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
EZZINGTON said:
Hi again, firstly NO we don't convert Vettes to right hand drive in UK. Actually I like hugging the kerb and being close up to the sidewalk, it's easier to chat to the chicks :thumbsup:

Well, I've made my decision and it's going to be BLACK. I have to agree with spiderpat it does look menacing :cool:

Now, if I'm gonna get a Black Beauty what colour interior should I get to compliment it ???????

Eric :lookinup:
With a black exterior, either two-tone interiors look great! I'm biased towards the black/titanium but the black/red looks sharp also. Decisions decisions, the valley of decisions? :laughing:

EFE Z06

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'd go ALL black if I lived in GB. Since I live in the desert, in the US I'd get a Silver exterior w/Ebony/Red interior. Good luck with your new beast. You'll kick major arse!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts