Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I propose a challenge to crown the ultimate C4. The only qualification to enter the car is - it must be a C4 - stock, mild, wild...turbo, ZR1...everybody is welcome.

The rules (work in progress) based on points.

The competition should be based on several categories.

1. Performance:
-Fastest 1/4 mile ET
-Fastest 1/4 mile MPH

-Overall fastest 1/4 mile Winner is given 100 points in each category, points are deducted based on lower MPH or higher ET
-The car MUST be raced in street trim - no slicks, no race fuel, no removal of items that you would normally drive with on the street.

2. Looks
-Okay...so it is a beauty contest. Starting with 100 points. Points are deducted from 100 for each car on the exterior and interior for fit/finish - shine - wear/tear, and cleanliness (I'd never win this category).

3. Function
-100 points to start - points deducted for each item that does not function. A full point is deducted for items that have been eliminated to enhance performance, and 1/2 points off for things that just don't work. Example - Racer X takes his a/c system off the car for speed, where Racer B has all the a/c on the car, but the system has a leak and doesn't work.

4. Ride/Comfort
-Based upon a short ride in the car starting with 100 points and getting points deducted for excessive exhaust noise, rough ride (rougher than stock), excessive squeeks, rattles, etc.

The blend of performance and quality can make a slower car competitive.

I am thinking of tweaking the points scales to balance it all out.

So...based on this, do you think you have the right stuff?

Now...if we could just get this set up to meet in BG for use of the track and facilities...I think we'd have something here.

·
Registered
724 Posts
What if the rougher than stock idle is due to larger cam? That would be a deduction?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
This actually sounds like a really great idea, but doing it online (especially the ride/noise one) would be virtually impossible.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
This is a cool idea!

Maybe we can post pictues up here and have people vote or something...I would probally lose in the "excessive exhaust noise category" Have everyone post the 1/4 times post pics of exterior, interior, or whatever. Just an idea....

·
Registered
636 Posts
I don't think much of your performance criteria. Corvettes are SPORTS CARS. Did I miss the part where points are judged on how well the car brakes and turns? What's the point of 4W disc brakes and IRS if you're just going in a straight line?
Doesn't sound very ultimate to me.

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
I don't think much of your performance criteria. Corvettes are SPORTS CARS. Did I miss the part where points are judged on how well the car brakes and turns? What's the point of 4W disc brakes and IRS if you're just going in a straight line?
Doesn't sound very ultimate to me.
I've always liked how Sport Compact Car does their own "Ultimate Car Challenge". Thorough, multiple varying events and it seems to truly test overall consistency. They've had some killer car enter, but they don't necessarily run away with a win just 'cause.

2006 Ultimate Street Car Challenge

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
For C4s give me a drop top '96 GS. Those IMHO are by far the most beautiful C4.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts