Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Ultrashield seats mocked up where I want them.

I have some ideas on how to mount them.

These must bolt to the frame and incorproate the 5 point seat belt mounts. I will support the back of the seat with a brace to the roll cage and the shoulder belts to the same tube... Howsabout some suggestions?

:huh: :huh:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
I have no idea how yours mount but my kirkeys don't have any mounting holes drilles, I custom fabbed part of the mounting system. Mine will be 3 pieces, the piece under yer ass I already finished made from 3mm thick alu sheets, then I will add a bracket to the front of the seat near where the anti submarine belt goes, also from sheet alu and a bracket on the rear that ties the back to the rollcage but this bracket will be steel and has a brake in it for give in case of a rear collision. I'll be using karge bolts and washers to spread the load.

I will need to get me a set of dimple dies very quickly to spiff up those brackets :D Where did you get yours? There's 2 kinds on ebay... the expensive ones and the really expensive ones. I'll prolly have to spring for the really expensive ones as they also do steel and stainles in heavier gauges

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no idea how yours mount but my kirkeys don't have any mounting holes drilles, I custom fabbed part of the mounting system. Mine will be 3 pieces, the piece under yer ass I already finished made from 3mm thick alu sheets, then I will add a bracket to the front of the seat near where the anti submarine belt goes, also from sheet alu and a bracket on the rear that ties the back to the rollcage but this bracket will be steel and has a brake in it for give in case of a rear collision. I'll be using karge bolts and washers to spread the load.

I will need to get me a set of dimple dies very quickly to spiff up those brackets :D Where did you get yours? There's 2 kinds on ebay... the expensive ones and the really expensive ones. I'll prolly have to spring for the really expensive ones as they also do steel and stainles in heavier gauges
Dimple dies two kinds as you say....

http://tricktools.com/

I'm using the kirkey brackets... I was thinking about some 1x2 or 2x2 tube between the trans x member and the and the rear frame member with some 1" dia standoffs to get through the floor then bolt the kirkey brackets to threaded weld plugs in those. Belts are no problem...

:thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Those JMR ones are the ones on ebay.... those it'll be then, will prolly buy a whole set.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is where they have to go...

:smack

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
The brackets that come with those seats, are they aluminium? You have the rollcage rear bar right where you need to mount the backside of the seat, would be easy to fabricate a nice bracket there. Then all you're left with is the bottom.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep they're alu and they're form Kirkey...

I'm still working on the rear back mount.

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
those are for recessing fasteners and rivets and such. I don't want the draw bolt model either, I have a large shop press and will buy the one for use w/ that :) thanks for the link anyway, they may have some other nice things there

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Problem solved...

will post pics... It involves some 2x2 square tube, some 0.875 x 0.095 CR Tube, and somr 3/8 weld nuts that press/weld into the CR tube.

Just proof that if you get enough things in your garage you can solve any problem... :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm just about ready to weld all this up... I took the opportunity to gusset the trans xmember back to the frame rail in building two of the mounts...

:thud:

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
nice wheel, brand?

Love the kelsey hays wheels on your ride :rolling:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Driver seat is in !!!! :partyon: Parts made for pass side....

Tomorrow I'll weld up the pass side and integrate the drive shaft loop with the seat brackets.

Need to order up some seat belt tabs from S&W

I'll get some pics as well...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts