Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed my car-cover tonight.

When I threw it in the dryer, I tossed in some fabric softener sheets.

Isn't that nuts? It's just a car cover!:huh:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,415 Posts
Go easy on the fabric softener sheets. Yaeh, it'll smell good but it also has chemical in it that can effect the wax job or that paint job. Same goes for the cotton towels ( we are using 100% cotton towels aren't we) that you use when you remove the wax resiidue after the weekly waxing. The stuff in the sheets can leave a smudge on your paint. Just a thought.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Torch Red 2K said:
Go easy on the fabric softener sheets. Yaeh, it'll smell good but it also has chemical in it that can effect the wax job or that paint job. Same goes for the cotton towels ( we are using 100% cotton towels aren't we) that you use when you remove the wax resiidue after the weekly waxing. The stuff in the sheets can leave a smudge on your paint. Just a thought.
:surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised :surprised

I'm washing it again tomorrow!!!!!!!

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Yes, the smudge story is true. I always wondered why, after drying, I had little speckles of an oily substance all over my car. It turned out to be the fabric softener in the towels. I use them fabric softener sheets so I'm not sure if there is a difference between the sheets and liquid softener.

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I washed my car-cover tonight.

When I threw it in the dryer, I tossed in some fabric softener sheets.

Isn't that nuts? It's just a car cover!:huh:

Hey, I just learned I can put my cover in the dryer!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
245 Posts
That is what I have, a flannel type as well (on the inside) and a denser fabric on the outside, it repells water nicely.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the flannel type as well!

I washed it again, and it's currently in the backyard drying out in the sun.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I usually lay mine over one of my other cars and wash it with the hose, directions said not to use detergents, as it could damage the cover. :)

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, it seems pretty durable. If it fell apart I would jam it in the ear of the manufacturer.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hurricane_777 said:
Now that's something I would pay to see! :surprised :laughing:
It'd be like a giant Q-Tip ... except my fist would replace the stick part.
:laughing:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'll be takin mine to the local laundromat and using one of those "Big Boy" washers. That way I can leave all the linty fuzz in their drain.

Patrick, you can change the title of this post to "So I'm Crazy, as if you didn't know..."

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Another great post! It's time to wash mine since the Vette was covered the last couple of weeks and there's thousands of our cats footprints all over the cover. I didn't know about the dryer sheets. :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts