Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am unable to check codes on my 05 C6. I have a CAN capable scan tool, I have also used other peoples scan tools. I even went to a local shop and they where unable to check codes. Everytime I get the same message on the scanner; unable to communicate, ensure vehicle is on. I have gone to the local dealership twice and both times they where able to check codes. After leaving the dealership, I was able to connect with my scanner. Then a few days later I was unable to check codes again. What could be causing this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally just took my car to the local dealership. Tech hooked up his tech 2 and was able to connect and clear 14 communication DTC's. My scanner now connects just fine. I still dont see why I could not connect but the tech 2 could and now I can connect.

·
Registered
597 Posts
no idea why it wouldnt before but now it will. there is a fuse that gives the connector power, that likes to go out sometimes and then it will give you the unable to communicate error.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Power and grounds where good at the connector. I was suspecting the gmlan wires to BCM. Dont know what the Tech 2 does extra, but it corrected the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts