1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Supporting Vendor
825 Posts
This isn't related to the c5 but I wanted to share this with my compadres. . . . .ONE OF THE SICKEST DYNO'S!!!!!

ENJOY
P.S-If you have already seen this. . . .you won't mind watching it again! (TURN UP THE VOLUME):thumbsup:

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/grand+national/2/0fba4999-0f15-478b-9693-164e9c14ff1c.htm
That's unbelievable torque .WOW
Imagine looking in your rear view mirror and seeing those turbos behind you..
I just sold my 87 GN 2 weeks ago.
Thanks for sharing...:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
I saw a vid of a Lingenfelter C6 pull around 1050 HP on a dyno a bit ago as well. In both videos the car actually smokes the tires on the dyno. Is that because the dyno is rated for less HP than the car is putting out? IE the dyno is spinning as fast as it can, but the engine has enough power to break traction and spin 'em anyway?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I saw a vid of a Lingenfelter C6 pull around 1050 HP on a dyno a bit ago as well. In both videos the car actually smokes the tires on the dyno. Is that because the dyno is rated for less HP than the car is putting out? IE the dyno is spinning as fast as it can, but the engine has enough power to break traction and spin 'em anyway?
The "dyno" you refer to is a drum accelerometer. The drums rate of rpm increase is converted mathematically into a hp/tq number. It is not holding back the vehicle by resistance other than its own inertial mass. The tires smoke because the rpm rate of increase of the tires is greater than the traction available to keep the tires hooked up to the drum.

that V6 Buick is amazing.

·
996 Posts
The "dyno" you refer to is a drum accelerometer. The drums rate of rpm increase is converted mathematically into a hp/tq number. It is not holding back the vehicle by resistance other than its own inertial mass. The tires smoke because the rpm rate of increase of the tires is greater than the traction available to keep the tires hooked up to the drum.

that V6 Buick is amazing.
So could one assume that the actual power of the car is more than the 1076 that it puts to the dyno??

Is there a correction factor?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts