Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At times I need to keep my hood open for long periods of time. When I do, the light stays on and never seems to go off. Can anyone tell me which fuse I need to pull the kill it so it doesn't drain my battery?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
At times I need to keep my hood open for long periods of time. When I do, the light stays on and never seems to go off. Can anyone tell me which fuse I need to pull the kill it so it doesn't drain my battery?

Many thanks.
Just pull the bulb. That's what I do:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thud:
Uh, yeah, I knew that...

I thought there might be an "easier" way to solve the problem.
But that sounds pretty easy to me.

·
Registered
539 Posts
There is a connector under the hood that is very easy to access for the hood lamp. Just follow the wire down from the hood to right in front of the radiator on the passenger side. That is where you will find it.:thumbsup:

When I am working under the hood and do not need the light I simply unplug it. The connector is built in a way that you can unplug it enough to prevent the light from coming on but it will stay together so you do not have wires dangling under the hood.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent! I saw the wires coming from the hood, but didn't follow them into the engine compartment. I'll check this out.

This will be good for shows, when I want my hood open, but the light off.

Thanks!! :cheers:

·
Registered
17 Posts
My underhood lamp goes out automatically after 10 minutes or so. I bought it from the parts department and installed it myself on an '07. I have to close the hood and open it again for the lamp to come back on. I think this is supposed to be a feature, but I gather all do not work this way.

:huh:

·
Registered
539 Posts
My underhood lamp goes out automatically after 10 minutes or so. I bought it from the parts department and installed it myself on an '07. I have to close the hood and open it again for the lamp to come back on. I think this is supposed to be a feature, but I gather all do not work this way.

:huh:
That is the way mine works also. However every time you open the door the timer resets.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,829 Posts
With a $2 switch and a little work, you could splice into the wire and when the hood is open, just flip the switch to shut it off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts