Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2002 vert w/all all options. One of the options I do not see in the black book but, It's on the build sheet. It's option AQ9=Recardo buckets seats. Anyone ever heard about this?
Don

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Is that as in Ricky Recardo? :laughing: I think that code is still the code for the sport seats.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
I have the same option AQ9-your close,it's recliningfront buckets.
Do you have the antena in the windshield,my numbers are smeared on that side of the paper,Thats one of my favorite options.:buhbye:

·
Registered
22 Posts
AQ9 is for the Sport Seat. There are no unusual options from the factory. Its not like it was 20 years ago when they built special cars. Now they are all the same options no matter what. Any changes have to be made by the selling dealer or owner.:buhbye:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I Don't think they were sport seats. The build sheet says " Vinyl Recaro bucket seats" vin 1G1YY32G425135035 . Born 6/14/02. The antenna is in the rear. Since I just bought this car I'm interested in it's history.

THe first owner was Joe Tripp from Jupiter ,Fl. I can not find him thru the white pages. I'm hoping he will be on this forum. Any help woud be appreciated. bb
Don

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
That's really interesting. I hope you can find some more details on your option since I never knew you could get vinyl seats.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
I was reading mine off the build sheet too.It says,"reclining bucket seats."Mine are reclining sport seats,they have vinyl on the sides of the seat for protection.Both seat have full power,8 or whatever different air bags inside the seat.Now that you got me thinking,iv'e never seen a C5 that did not have sport seats.
So sounds like not all seats recline.(the lever on the side under all the controls).
I'm trying to be as positive as i can here,but sounds like you don't have "all" the options.
I have all the options except the 12 disc cd changer and the ugly body side molding.
And no antena hole in the car.:thumbsup:
Enjoy the ride,you will fiqure the rest out,gotta love the HUD.:buhbye:

Oh ya,other than parts of the seat,the only leather is the shift knob,steering wheel (if optioned) and the E-brake,and one other thing i can't remember.:smokin: :stick:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Vehicle Build Sheet does not say reclining bucket seats, it says "AQ9-vinyl recardo bucket seats" It has the 1SC option package. The seats that are now in it are two power sport seats.
Dr Don

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
stilcrazee said:
Isn't there a lever that allows the back to "recline" or come forward?
Yep,
Theres a lever for back and forth,(top half of seat)Theres a bar you push front/back,and the seat goes forward or back,that same bar if you push down,the lower half of the seat goes down and up,then theres a certain amount of air-bags in the seats and side of seats.And the memory is suppost to remember all that to.

I'm not sure what 1SC option package is,theres a few more 1SC option packages also,up to 1SC option package-20.
I counted all my RPO,and came up with 44.Thats actually only the third time i ever looked at the sheet.
Heres one thing i found also,
I have option IL3- Trim interior design-(AQ9).
I also have option AG2-6-way power passenger seat.
I have never noticed C5s having different interiors than others..??Anyone know if the sport seat interior is different than the non-sport seat.?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Airwolf - That is whats in the car now -regular power sport seats but, I can not figure out why the build sheet says recardo seats.
I am not the first owner & do not know if someone changed the seats.........Don

1 - 14 of 14 Posts