Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a hard decision to make but when I saw this car I fell in love with it. And after I saw all the up grades the former owner had done under the hood I knew that this was the one for me. I will start by saying that I love all corvettes and I will always have a special place in my hart for the C3’s.

This was more a financial decision and the need for speed and that is why I traded in my 79. A week or so I started a thread about how I went to a local car dealership and they would only give me 2 or 3 grand for my 79 and I :laughing: out of the place, well after a few day looking on the net I found this 96 advertised as white, auto trans with 70,000 miles on it so I e-mailed him info about my 79 and they called me back and ask me if I wanted to come up and take a look.

If I drove up they would pay for my gas round trip. What a deal that is alone, some one to pay me to drive my 79 so I went up and meet with the dealer when we walked out to the lot and here was this white 96 with a red ss strip and a 6 speed manual, lifted the hood and I almost fell to my knees chrome all over the place and heeders to boot, after market air intake and the list goes on and on. And they paid for the gas that first day.

Well after dealing with them for a week they gave me almost the entire amount I paid for the 79 a year and a half ago. And today I drove it home. It is almost impossible to describe the power and the way it made me feel to be behind the wheel so I will say good by to the C3 section and be on the C4 but I will always check in on you all from time to time thanks for all the help with the 79.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Welcome to the C4 community! Come on over - the water's fine!

Any pics yet? We wanna see 'em.

Steven

·
Banned
1,311 Posts
I'm glad you didn't let that first dealer discourage you. Sounds like you just have to shop around until you find one that will only screw you a little bit.

Why do people let dealerships get away with low-balling them on their trade. Then the dealership marks it up 4 grand or more without doing anything to it. You can't hardly find any sites with private individual sales anymore. I'd rather do that and save a bunch of money. If people think a dealer is going to stand behind a used car they're kidding themselves. So where's the value they provide?

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Welcome to the C4 side T.J. I love the C3s too. But you'll notice that I couldn't make up my mind, so I just decided to own both...:partyon:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, I have had it for four days now and I still can't believe it is in my driveway the power o the power is incredable if I don't watch it I will have a fine in no time at all.:D :D :D :partyon:

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Sweet ass ride and nice find! LT4s are hard to find and I've heard made the car a totally different animal from LT1. Enjoy the car and that LT4 power!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With the headers and aftermarket air intake it has the most power of any ride I have ever owned. And thanks to who ever gave me a avatar I have been meaning to ask some one to do this now all I have to do is change the 79 to a 96 under user name, the DC crew rocks. Some days I just can't wait to get off work and get on DC to see whats up in our world of Vettes.:cheers:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sounds like a nice C4.
Although I am contemplating a C4 vert,
I would never get rid of my C3 to get one.
At best, it is a lateral transfer ... IMO not an upgrade.

Looks good and hope you enjoy ... :buhbye:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I had a 'black 92 6-speed, pretty much stock. Did mid 13's all day long. A car that gets 26-28 mpg highway and runs mid thirteens....on street tires.....can't do that with a C-3.:smack :cheers:

·
Banned
1,311 Posts
I had a 'black 92 6-speed, pretty much stock. Did mid 13's all day long. A car that gets 26-28 mpg highway and runs mid thirteens....on street tires.....can't do that with a C-3.:smack :cheers:

sure you can, easy. Drop an ls engine get better mileage and blow the doors off a C4. And it don't look like a brick.

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you had owned a 68-72 C3 you would have never made that trade but, the C4 is a great Vette. When I need to drive in comfort, I grab the keys to my wife's C5 (02 ZO6.) Nice having AC that works and cruise control but, hard to drive at the speed limit and I never get the comments that I do with our 70/72 LT-1s while fueling up or at stop lights.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts