Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just paid $79.00 for a full service oil change at Jiffy Lube because I can't get my floor jack under the car and that damn CHANGE YOUR OIL NOW STUPID message kept flashing on the DIC every second. It was tormenting me, so I had to just get it done.

Well, it was cheaper than a new jack.:laughing:

To celebrate the new oil change, I used the mall frontage road to practice high-speed drifting.:partyon:

·
Registered
46 Posts
You think thats bad, I paid over 100$ at the dealer. I hope that makes you feel better.:bang :toilet

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
Patrick said:
I just paid $79.00 for a full service oil change at Jiffy Lube because I can't get my floor jack under the car and that damn CHANGE YOUR OIL NOW STUPID message kept flashing on the DIC every second. It was tormenting me, so I had to just get it done.

To celebrate the new oil change, I used the mall frontage road to practice high-speed drifting.:partyon:
Lets see...
New jack - $116.99
Mobile 1 - $29.95
Oil filter - $ 5.99
Doing it Myself - priceless
:D

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lehmannhenry said:
what exactly did you have done to the car?
They drained the oil, changed the filter, and poured fresh oil out of new sealed Mobil 1 bottles. That'd be it!

Although it was "full service" I asked them to only do the oil, that they didn't need to touch anything else.

While that was happening, I was fielding Corvette questions and hearing Corvette stories from other customers.:D

·
Registered
3,584 Posts

Used to pay,but not anymore:smack Now I do it myself:cheers:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Patrick said:

Patrick,you didn;t tell me this part about owning a New vette,i am used to pulling into j/l in my pt crusier slap down 30.00 for 5 quarts of pensoil 5w30 slip my buddy a 10 spot shoot the breeze awhile then off i go.:surprised

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oil Change

I had my oil changed at the chevrolet dealership in Palm Harbor,FL for 79.00. I was told by the salesman not to take it to a jiffy lube because there were special precautions needed when lifting the car. I assumed it was BS, now I know.:smokin:

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
C5Shane said:
I had my oil changed at the chevrolet dealership in Palm Harbor,FL for 79.00. I was told by the salesman not to take it to a jiffy lube because there were special precautions needed when lifting the car. I assumed it was BS, now I know.:smokin:
The JL's around here use pits that you drive over and not lifts.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Pictures?

I have quietly been waiting of pictures of Z "lighting them up" but heve yet see any.

I beginning to think that it's a smoke job.:laughing: :laughing:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gmcdougle said:
Pictures?

I have quietly been waiting of pictures of Z "lighting them up" but heve yet see any.

I beginning to think that it's a smoke job.:laughing: :laughing:
I don't have a functional video camera. :nuts:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Patrick said:

$70.00 at Super Suds,after that i bought my own car lift, now I can do what ever.....

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I've never paid over $70 or so at the dealer for mine...and I get my bug juice filled to boot! However, the dealer charges over $7 a quart for oil you can buy at Wal Mart for just over 5....

What a rip.

·
Sir Dude
17,444 Posts
We had the 06Z changed at the dealer for $60...thats 8Qts Mobil 1 and a filter. I thought that was a rip off....my lifts were taken apart for or move so I had no choice....but I guess if you look at it thats only about $12 to $15 for labor....:huh:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
ragvette said:
Dude :bang :bang :bang :bang

Come over and use the lift. :buhbye:

I just got in the mail a $12.95 oil change coupon from the dealership on your car. :(
Did you also get the $19.95 offer to rotate the tires? :laughing:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts