Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well brought my vette to chevy shop here ,and as luck would have it (good this time)they had a top in stock,blue with all hardware,but the only thing they didnt have was the side window.this had to be ordered from gm.total cost was 2114.00.i was pleased with geico glass coverage.i was told that the top would not be covered,but talked to rep,and he cleared it.i will be getting it back on wed.hope that the a-hole who got me feels proud of what he did.as allways(save the wave)kenney 1984 ,today i got my vette back:D and heres the low down:wed went to dealer to get car and was told that it was still not ready for pickup(told by service rep to pick up at 8.00 am)was told that the 10.00 am was more likley.well told them ok.went to shop and to my horror,here was some clown trying to detail the car.he was spraying that tire shine crap all over.he did a number on my wheels alright(4 Hrs reclean and polish).interior was a mess to.i was upset and mention this to service manger,that they shuold have a person that knows what there doing,when it comes to detailing.so get into car and ran window down,and guess what,it would only come up half way.back to the drawing board for the mechcanic.at about 1:00 pm he was ready to try again.i allso asked if they had any problem with the top and guess what,they ordered a top for a 86,and not a 84.well they did the change out with all the hardware,shims ,locator and top pins,you get the picture,i like it better than my old one,darker blue.soall is not lost.so now i will get some updated pictures on as soon as poss.as allways(save the wave)kenney 1984:partyon:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,416 Posts
Glad its working out. Don't you love it when a plan comes together

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Torch Red 2K said:
Glad its working out. Don't you love it when a plan comes together
at first i thought the murphys brothers were working overtime on me:laughing: thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts