Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have installed the side fenders from an '96 vette......also installed the brake light from an '87 (Mid America).....Blackout kit for the running lights.....Bubble lens on the brake lights....(Eckler's).....all new molding.......Front spoiler from Mid America...with cooling to the rotors......
So what do you think......
Guess its still an '84.....oh by the way also a new Black paint job.......wow.....
When I look at it in my workshop....well it just throws me.....like "WOW".......Oh yea....MSD 6A,+coil.......deep sump trans pan....oil cooler.....trans cooler.....chrome all over, stainless steel all over....WOW.....DAMN....

I think its a KEEPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really should post a pic......engine is all chromed....hood parts are chromed....to much to list...
Damn....did I do a good job....or what.....
tony
:partyon:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I've got a good digital camara....but don't know how to post a pic?????
thanks
tony

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sounds nice, we need picts, please !
go to the picture gallery and click on upload picts, put in the address where the pict is on your computer.
if you need more help ask in the help section, someone will be able to talk you thru it.
good luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just hope you didn't do anything that's not reversable.
I too have an '84 and all my mods are staying within the, "I can bolt it on" back stock range. Including keeping/rebuilding the orig. #'s matching 700R4 trans (that I just replaced with a super hard hitter from Mad Dog Lou, out of Tarpon Springs, Fla.).
Just keep in mind that the '84 is the first production year for the C-4, and even though it came with the down in HP Crossfire engine, that's part of the uniqueness of it. It's also the only C-4 with that intake configuration......for better, or for worse......lol!
I found that with a few tweaks here and there, plus custom/Flowmaster exhaust, I'm putting out 288 HP on the dyno, so I won't complain too loudly!
Save the wave!

·
Registered
0 Posts
rksmotorspor said:
I just hope you didn't do anything that's not reversable.
I too have an '84 and all my mods are staying within the, "I can bolt it on" back stock range. Including keeping/rebuilding the orig. #'s matching 700R4 trans (that I just replaced with a super hard hitter from Mad Dog Lou, out of Tarpon Springs, Fla.).
Just keep in mind that the '84 is the first production year for the C-4, and even though it came with the down in HP Crossfire engine, that's part of the uniqueness of it. It's also the only C-4 with that intake configuration......for better, or for worse......lol!
I found that with a few tweaks here and there, plus custom/Flowmaster exhaust, I'm putting out 288 HP on the dyno, so I won't complain too loudly!
Save the wave!
I wouldnt worry about a 84 ever being a collectors edition(unless its all origional with little to no miles!). 1984's were the 2nd highest production Corvette ever made!:surprised They made 51,547 of them!:surprised That is why a 1984 is the perfect car to mod!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welllll..........y'all go ahead and do the mods to your 84's and do LOTS of 'em.......lol.............maybe it'll eventually make my stocker more valuable.
I guess it's just a personal preference I have, that a car that's first or last in a production run has more chance of maintaining any value over a middle year car. I guess that's why I've kept my 83 280ZX 2+2 Turbo car. Last year for the 280 and all.
Oh well, the main thing is to enjoy!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Tony, Tony, Tony...

I don't believe you can get all this work done on you car and not be able to post pics!! We know you can do it. Post the pics, can't wait.:excited: Roger

·
Registered
0 Posts
rksmotorspor said:
Welllll..........y'all go ahead and do the mods to your 84's and do LOTS of 'em.......lol.............maybe it'll eventually make my stocker more valuable.
I guess it's just a personal preference I have, that a car that's first or last in a production run has more chance of maintaining any value over a middle year car. I guess that's why I've kept my 83 280ZX 2+2 Turbo car. Last year for the 280 and all.
Oh well, the main thing is to enjoy!
You are soo right.. the main thing is definetly to enjoy!:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts