Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full Roller rocker arms.
Which ones and why
I have a set of 1.5 CHM USA made aluminum full roller rockers arms.
But I read many other threads saying the aluminum ones fail over time due to work Harding I don’t know how true this is but I been thinking of upgrading up to a set of Steel Full rocker arms is worth it or Aluminum one good enough for a mild built street motor.
I not running a High lift cam everything is mellow I don’t rev the motor to the moon it’s a everyday street car not a track car.
The motor might once in a while be revved to 5200 to 5500 RPM’s but that’s every now and then not often.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Full Roller rocker arms.
Which ones and why
But I read many other threads saying the aluminum ones fail over time due to work Harding I don’t know how true this is but I been thinking of upgrading up to a set of Steel Full rocker arms is worth it or Aluminum one good enough for a mild built street motor.
I not running a High lift cam everything is mellow I don’t rev the motor to the moon it’s a everyday street car not a track car.
The motor might once in a while be revved to 5200 to 5500 RPM’s but that’s every now and then not often.
I have a set of harland sharp 1.6 that's i've used for 5 years and around 30K miles. No issues and they looked fine about a month ago when I replaced my cover gasket. Only issue is I needed to grind the little lips on my bolt guides inside the cover since they are wider than stock. Didn't "have to" but it made on/off a lot easier.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
yes, aluminumn will eventually fail, they will eventually fatigue and fail. That is simply due to the repeated heat cycling of the aluminumn. Comp Cams makes a stainless rocker that actually has less rotational weight than an aluminumn rocker. The properties of the stainless create a much longer lifespan because it is not affected by heat cycling nearly as much.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The original 96 LT4 corvettes all came with aluminum roller rockers, many of them have over 100,000 miles with no problems, given enough time, heat cycles EVERYTHING will break in an engine.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Full Roller rocker arms.
Which ones and why

For your needs, I'd go with OEM'S

As already stated they are Dead reliable

My neighbor has 230,000mi on his vette

And the car still drives like a Dream lol

Needless to say, He loves his car:nuts:

Bon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts