Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to replace my Cheep China Brand Full Roller Rocker arm with a set of Comp Cams Ultra Magnum Steel arms.
I have read so many bad stories about the cheep RRA failing.
If I going to upgrade should I go with 1.6 Rocker arm on Intake only and keep 1.5 on the Exhaust.
Or go with
1.65 In & 1.55 Ex,
1.65 In & 1.5 Ex
Or 1.6 on both, 1.65 on both In & Ex
I running a mild Hyd Flat tappet single pattern can with .447/.447 Lift 214/[email protected] 290/290 110 C/L 107 Intake C/L.
The head are Tick Flow 23 they can handle the extra lift and flow but I will need to put different valve spring over .480 lift no big deal.
I have read a lot but most questions about this has been for Dual pattern Cam Shafts Not Single pattern Cams But What I gather mild Single camshaft you do set them up different than a dual pattern for high lift rocker arms it a street car.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
you should be fine running 1.6 on both.
Why the steel compcams? The are about $150 more than the aluminum.
I'm running these
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CSP-S1002/
for three years now on a higher lift cam with no issues.

make sure to verify push rod lengths

Only thing is due to the wide bodies you'll need to grind a little off the sides of your internal bolt guides on your valve covers if so equipped and they don't slid easily in place. not a big deal took me maybe 20 minutes max.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have read alot of good things about H/S RRA I just want a set of Arms that I never have to worry about them comming apart on me.

Thanks for the input more I get will make it that much easyer to know what to buy next new set of RRA's.

you should be fine running 1.6 on both.
Why the steel compcams? The are about $150 more than the aluminum.
I'm running these
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CSP-S1002/
for three years now on a higher lift cam with no issues.

make sure to verify push rod lengths

Only thing is due to the wide bodies you'll need to grind a little off the sides of your internal bolt guides on your valve covers if so equipped and they don't slid easily in place. not a big deal took me maybe 20 minutes max.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What brand RRA are you using and how many mile do you have on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts