Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the things that seperates DigitalCorvettes.com from all the rest is our KILLER Photo Section, thousands of Corvette pics from show cars to projects, engines to exhaust, tires and wheels, emblems, photochops, races and gatherings, tech shots, and so much more!

And now with the newly upgraded layout the section has become even cooler!

So, how do your get you own pics up?

It's simple! Just follow the easy tutorial below, and you'll be showing off your collection in no time;) ...

STEP 1: from just about anywhere on the site, just click on "Photos" below the header to take you to the DC pictures section.

STEP 2: next, simply click "upload photos" in the upper right of the screen...

STEP 3: you'll now be at the picture upload user interface, here you can upload up to 5 pictures at a time.

STEP 4: if you are unsure, you can leave your pic(s) in the default 'upload ALL CORVETTE PHOTOS here' category and a moderator will happily categorize your pics into the appropriate sections, or feel free to use the dropdown tab and explore and choose the category you'd like for yourself...

STEP 5: you'll now use the 'Browse' buttons (1) to navigate to your pictures, simply click the first Browse button and using the pop-up explorer window (2), locate the picture you wish to upload and click 'open' button, the location will then be automatically added to the white location/title bar. If you have additional pictures to upload, just click the next Browse button and repeat, again up to 5 pictures at a time can be uploaded* (*if you have more than 5, no problem, just repeat the process as many times as you need)

STEP 6: optional, if you want to add a description for the pic (or group of pics) and/or any key words to help members search out and see your pics, simply enter them into the appropriate fields...

STEP 7: That's it! once you hit 'submit' the pics will be uploaded and available to view and insert into in your posts* (*to insert a picture into a thread posting or reply, simply click on the 'copy to clipboard' button and paste the copied IMG code into the post using edit/paste or rght-click/paste, easy as that.)

To view the uploaded picture in it's original size, simply click the picture and it will resize.

Now go get those pictures out of hiding and uploaded! :thumbsup:

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
EXTRA OPTION

...and as an alternative method, if you have your pictures stored on a personal homepage or public picture hosting site like photobucket etc., uploading them to digitalcorvettes is just as easy, just copy the URL location* into the "EXTRA OPTIONS" URL field and submit your collection this way:)

(*to get the URL location for an online pic, right click on the picture/photo, click properties, and highlight and copy the entire address (URL), thats it)

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Excellent Instructions!!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Can't find my pics after uploading them last night

I uploaded pics of my 98 Pace last night and now they're not there...or at least I can't find them. They were there last night...where'd they go???

HELP:lookinup:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
scottq60 said:
I uploaded pics of my 98 Pace last night and now they're not there...or at least I can't find them. They were there last night...where'd they go???

HELP:lookinup:
look right under your avatar says "my corvette photos" click that link they are all there

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Mu photos are emailed to me - - not in a file, just in an email so how do I do these? Do I try to copy them and send them to the photo section?

I do not want to mess it up.

'dog

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
olddog said:
Mu photos are emailed to me - - not in a file, just in an email so how do I do these? Do I try to copy them and send them to the photo section?

I do not want to mess it up.

'dog
save them to your computer...then upload them to the site

·
Registered
86 Posts
how do you add pics to posts on threads

hi,
i know how to upload photos to my corvette photos, but how do u add photos to thread replies, i saw in the editor that you get a link to a URL, but would like more detail for adding a jpeg into a thread, as i see some many members do...
you can PM me, thanks for a great site, i love reading and adding my 3 cents
nc_yella,
matt in NC
also, on a non related issue, in user cp, in edit your vehicle i get a blank web page, i have changed vettes, and have not been able to update my vehicle
can u help with this as well,,,
thanks,
matt:thumbsup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I can post pictures as an attachment but I can't figure out how to put actual open picture in the thread reply.I just clicked the "IMG" button on the lower left but need help to find out how to actually enter the string of text to post pics. Thank you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
me too

i left a similar question, okay the same question, can one of you help us newer guys out here, actually i have been on a year and not figured this out.????????? how do insert an open image into a thread?

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
i left a similar question, okay the same question, can one of you help us newer guys out here, actually i have been on a year and not figured this out.????????? how do insert an open image into a thread?
copy and paste the propertie adress from right clicking on the target picture , than go to thread open blank page . click on little yellow
mountain scene box 2nd in from right click on it .a adress box opens =past copied adress in ,than perview ,than post when text is complete

cosmo:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
copy and paste the propertie adress from right clicking on the target picture , than go to thread open blank page . click on little yellow
mountain scene box 2nd in from right click on it .a adress box opens =post copied adress in ,than perview ,than post when text is complete

cosmo:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can not believe the difficulty I'm having trying to get pics on this sight. I know that I'm doing or not doing something stupid. I've tried taking them off the disk they are stored on, off the desk top, out of my docuements - and nothing gets it. Help. thanks

1 - 20 of 71 Posts