Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The United States and South Korea have begun four days of joint military exercises in the waters off the Korean coast, in an effort to deter North Korea from launching further attacks across its border with the South.

An American nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, the USS George Washington, is leading the drill, which comes just days after North Korean forces shelled the South Korean island of Yeonpyeong, killing two marines and two civilians.

North Korea's state-run media has criticized the drills, warning the two Koreas are on "the brink of war."

Earlier Saturday, China launched a flurry of diplomatic activity to ease tensions on the Korean peninsula after North Korea's shelling of the island.

China has warned it opposes any "unilateral military act" in the area without its permission, referring to the U.S.-South Korean drills.

Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, told CNN (in an interview due to air Sunday) that, as North Korea's closest ally, China has as much at stake as anyone if the region is destabilized.

North Korea leveled new accusations at South Korea Saturday, charging Seoul was using the civilians on the island of Yeonpyeong as a human shields.

The North's official Korean Central News Agency also said if there were civilian deaths, they were "very regrettable."

During a funeral Saturday for the two marines killed in Tuesday's attack, South Korean Marine commander Lieutenant General Yoo Nak-joon vowed a "thousand-fold" retaliation against the North. The comments to hundreds of high-ranking politicians, generals, religious leaders and civilians were also broadcast nation-wide.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Thats exactly why I pay an astronomical amout of taxes

So I can help protect S. Korea ,F********* Korea

When is our Government going to Fix America ? And protect us from having our Markets Flooded with goods made in Communist china,

Why don't they spend that money on sealing up our borders ?

Man these people are so out of touch with what the average American wants for America

Sometimes I think they don't even care about their own country or it's citizens

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Thats exactly why I pay an astronomical amout of taxes
Living in California diesn't help.
So I can help protect S. Korea ,F********* Korea
They have F-22's...I wonder why they havn't fixed thier own problem by now...possibly because the US won't let them? Remember, the state department values stability at aALL costs.
When is our Government going to Fix America ?
:agree:
And protect us from having our Markets Flooded with goods made in Communist china,
Why don't they spend that money on sealing up our borders ?

Man these people are so out of touch with what the average American wants for America
Sometimes I think they don't even care about their own country or it's citizens
They don't. They only care about money, power, and keeping it, by servicing the special interests that put them there...and they do it with the average Joe's income...

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
I really don't want this to happen, but what is Obama prepared to do if NK or China torpedoes a US ship? Really, really talk?

I don't think he has the 'cojones' to take it to the next step if this escalates. Which will show more weakness. I'd like to be surprised instead.

I'm interested to see how the junior senator from Illinois is prepared to deal with 'the man with half a brain'.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I really don't want this to happen, but what is Obama prepared to do if NK or China torpedoes a US ship? Really, really talk?

I don't think he has the 'cojones' to take it to the next step if this escalates. Which will show more weakness. I'd like to be surprised instead.

I'm interested to see how the junior senator from Illinois is prepared to deal with 'the man with half a brain'.
Well....He'll ride in on his white stallion....

....and take a bow! :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts