Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone expect a big drop in the prices of used C5's with the introduction if the C6? The future wife wants a vert and the C5's are such a great riding car that I want her to have one since she wants her own Vette. Almost went the C4 route for her but, they just flex too much for my liking.

·
Registered
36 Posts
When I bought my 03 - my brother liked the car so much he started looking for a lo mileage C5. Within a 250 mile radius
of Greensboro he found several really nice cars. An 01 with 11,000 miles for $29,500. An 02 with 5,000 miles for $35,000.
An 03 with 3,000 miles for $38,500. They were all private owners
one was an E-bay listing private owner. All these cars stickered in the 51-55k range. All were 6-spd verts. The car dealerships were 4-5k higher on similar C5's. He looked at 8 cars- some of them totally misrepresented- and ended up with the 02.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got my 97 about 4 months ago. I paid 22k for it, it has only 18k miles on it. It is soooooo mint, its like brand new!!! The owner didn't really drive it much, and its never seen rain. It is torche red with black inside. I already upgraded to the chrome c5 wheels y2k. It looks like an 03 now!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
A friend in the Car business bought a 2000 coupe with 22k for $22,000!!!:surprised He just sold it for $29,000.:lookinup: I bet when the c-6 arrives you will get them alot cheaper than now!:thumbsup:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
I'm going to say that there probably won't be a drastic price drop in the C5 only because alot of people are going to wait and see what happens with the C6. For example, reliability etc. Many new models have a few kinks that always need to be worked out. Plus the dealers are going to mark up the prices on these cars no doubt. So it's probably not going to be until the 2006 or 2007 model year that the prices of the C5 will drop any if at all. If you recall when the first C5 came out in 97, they were marked up and had a few kinks that needed to be worked out. You can also base this on the fact that the C4 Vettes have not dropped to drastically. You also have to remember that alot of people aren't going to like the C6 appearence. Just read some of the threads in the C6 forum. Alot of people don't like the front end.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think 10k off the show room floor (5k discount & 5k over the curb) then 5k a year for 3 years then they level off. The trick is to find one that has not been sold more than 3 or 4 times and has been garaged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts