Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on a Vararam sc intake. I've searched and read quite a bit about the pros and cons but before I pull the trigger one more question. With this intake being so low and open wouldn't it increase the likelihood of ingesting a ton of junk, bugs, rocks etc? Have not ready any issues related to this concern. I don't drive in the rain or wet conditions so water is not a concern. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
609 Posts
I wouldn't fret it. My friend runs one on his 06' Z. It has a larger opening on it, and he's had no problems with bugs or rocks out here in Minnesota. If you are still concerned you could fashion some stainless steel mesh to the front of it!

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Plan on cleaning your Air Filter a lot. Everyone I know with a true Cold Air intake has to clean the filter often.

My LPE Cold Air is a like a vacuum going own the road. The stuff it vacuums up is amazing.

I keep a spare filter clean to reduce the maintenance time. The VaraRam is much easier to clean than my LPE as you don't have to get under the car to change the filter.

:cheers:

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
There won't be any issues with the Vararam, I have been running one for 3 years and never had any issues in regard to your concerns, and I drive 7k per year. And as far as the rain issue is concerned you won't have any issues as long as you don't go thru 6 inches of water.
I drove fron Long Island to Carlisle in heavy rain with no issues. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
when I had mine I had no issues with any of that. About 8 thousand miles and it looked new.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I drove fron Long Island to Carlisle in heavy rain with no issues. :thumbsup:
You better be doing that this year Cam...:spanked:

First rounds on me

·
Registered
26 Posts
one for sale

SOLDI have one For Sale. Vararam for a 2005-2007 C6 LS2. $150.00 plus shipping in US. I removed it from my 2005 C6 with 3000 miles on it. I removed it when I did my A&A Supercharger kit and no longer need it. Has never been in rain and looks brand new.
Thanks Rayzzz Hickory NC

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have one For Sale. Vararam for a 2005-2007 C6 LS2. $150.00 plus shipping in US. I removed it from my 2005 C6 with 3000 miles on it. I removed it when I did my A&A Supercharger kit and no longer need it. Has never been in rain and looks brand new.
Thanks Rayzzz Hickory NC
Now that looks like a nice deal!

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
You better be doing that this year Cam...:spanked:

First rounds on me
With three feet of snow everywhere, Carlisle can't come soon enough this year. I am definitely going this year, cya at the show! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have one For Sale. Vararam for a 2005-2007 C6 LS2. $150.00 plus shipping in US. I removed it from my 2005 C6 with 3000 miles on it. I removed it when I did my A&A Supercharger kit and no longer need it. Has never been in rain and looks brand new.
Thanks Rayzzz Hickory NC
I sent you a pm. Where do you have it listed?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts