Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, me and my son are gonna install a vararam tomorrow, thought I saw instructions on the forum on how to do this. Does anyone know where that thread was located on the forum, as I remember, reading the forum instructions were much better than the ones that come with the actual vararam. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I installed my VR a few weeks ago.

Short version: DON'T remove the shroud. Sounds like a REAL beeyatch to remove, and I didn't try. Cut it in-place. WATCH OUT FOR THE CONDENSER COILS WHEN CUTTING THE SHROUD TOP.

Also, cut the dotted lines on the tabs on the template out to let the template lay down more or less flush on top of the shroud. Whew, long sentence but hopefully you get the point.

I wouldn't follow the crappy directions, and certainly dont' do the steps in order. Maybe I'm too stupid, but the order sure didn't make sense to me. It's a simple install, just use your head and you'll be fine, but don't slip and cut a hole in your condenser. You'll be fine.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
JRP06-You have a PM

·
Registered
388 Posts
I installed my VR about two months ago. I too cut the shroud in the car. Not that difficult. I would attempt to place a piece of cardboard behind the shroud. I did cut my condensor and had to get a new a one. I didn't damage the condensor during the cut but afterwards. I was checking out my work with the box cutter in my gloved hand and it slipped out, hitting the condensor :down: Just be careful. BTW, I love my VR. At the same track, under very similar wx conditions, I've ran consistently .2 and 2 mph better in the 1/8th. Prior I had a Halltech Stinger, never should any improvement at the track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts