Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just bought a Vararam system for my 04 C5 conv. Should I upgrade my stock exhaust before I install the Vararam, will there be back pressure? or is it ok to install now?? Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey White Shark

I have the stock one the came with it and the optional Grey Air filter from Vararam, I do NOT have the K&N filter

·
Registered
571 Posts
tommyferrara said:
Hey White Shark

I have the stock one the came with it and the optional Grey Air filter from Vararam, I do NOT have the K&N filter
ok man install ur vara this intake system sick! i like it just becareful dont drive ur vette on rainy weather with ur stock filter by they way the stock filter give u more hp than k&n but k&n for daily use i have them both :D when i want to race i replace it enjoy it budd :thumbsup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just a suggestion. I was reading on another thread, if you want your car to adapt to the new intake, reset your PCM. It will adapt over time, but resetting it is instant gratification. Congrats on the Vararam, it's next on my list. Let me know how you like it. Thank moore_rb for the instructions.;)
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45543

1) Turn key on ( leave engine off)
2) Pull fuses #16 and #23 from the fuse box in front of the battery
3) Turn key off
4) Put fuses back

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I have the vararam, but it came on my '02 Z (previous owner).

The quality seems there, and the car is fast as snot!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
allright let me ask ya this... If i reset my PCM by pulling the fuses, do i still need to drive it around for 45 minutes over 55mph, like they suggest??? also, I was reading another thread as well, and they were talking about have to change out to a MAF, do i need to do that to?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok, the part about driving over 55 for 45 minutes, I don't have an answer for. The part about the mass air flow sensor, you do not have to replace it, but a new higher flowing one will give you more hp and better throttle response. Like the Granatelli. I also asked about the duct, vararam says the stock duct is good to around 500 hp.( Duct meaning the tube between the filter and throttle body)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TurtleZ06 said:
Ok, the part about driving over 55 for 45 minutes, I don't have an answer for. The part about the mass air flow sensor, you do not have to replace it, but a new higher flowing one will give you more hp and better throttle response. Like the Granatelli. I also asked about the duct, vararam says the stock duct is good to around 500 hp.( Duct meaning the tube between the filter and throttle body)

well i guess going for a 45 minute drive after i install it won't be so bad:D As for the MAF, i'll wait for more funds for that, now the Air duct I've heard different stories, some people have a hard time installing the high flow duct with the Vararam, others seem to have no problem. i don't have one yet so I can't give and info about installing one.... but when i do, you'll know:thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
tommyferrara said:
I Just bought a Vararam system for my 04 C5 conv. Should I upgrade my stock exhaust before I install the Vararam, will there be back pressure? or is it ok to install now?? Thanks
Install it and enjoy. Do the exhaust at a later time. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just purchased a Vararam with a velocity stack and high flow power duct. how long did it take to install your stuff and did you notice any differance in the first drive?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Aother newbie question. I just bought a 02 C-5 that has the first Vararam system on it, the B-1 I think. I have read that these can just start falling apart but the guy I bought it form said he has had no quality issues of any type sine he put it own. Now the question, it has the faom filter, I am sure I need to get the green filter that the B2 has now, will this new filter fit the B1 Vararam?

I have the stock intake and filter, woundering if i should put it back on and run it untill I can pick up the B2 system. Also the guy gave me a K&N filter that he just bought but did not have the time to install, I guess it will fit the B1 thats on the car, I will just has to oipen it up and see if it fits. If so then I would guess that I should run the K&N as my Vette is going to be a daily driver.

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
KeithG said:
Aother newbie question. I just bought a 02 C-5 that has the first Vararam system on it, the B-1 I think. I have read that these can just start falling apart but the guy I bought it form said he has had no quality issues of any type sine he put it own. Now the question, it has the faom filter, I am sure I need to get the green filter that the B2 has now, will this new filter fit the B1 Vararam?

I have the stock intake and filter, woundering if i should put it back on and run it untill I can pick up the B2 system. Also the guy gave me a K&N filter that he just bought but did not have the time to install, I guess it will fit the B1 thats on the car, I will just has to oipen it up and see if it fits. If so then I would guess that I should run the K&N as my Vette is going to be a daily driver.

Thanks guys!!
dont worry they all fit the Vara ramair b1 or b1 same size just with another filter thats the diffrence between b1 and b2 only filters so u dont need the green 1 if u have the k&n then thats enough the green 1 is k&n too but with another color ... the orginal filter not for daily use brother if u have rainy weather or any bad weather u will have a problem with the orginal filter so take my advice dude use the k&n as a daily use and when u want to race use the orginal 1 (black filter) give u more air for the intake
u welcome :cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
many thanks to White Shark and KiethG for input on the Vararam system. i have a b2 with a filter that says it can be used in the rain. it is black with a white element. should this still be replaced with a k&n?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts