Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stupid "security" light won't stop blinking on my dash. It starts after I shut the car off and leave it for a while. I've disconnected the battery, bought a new ignition key. I seems to be something to do with the door, but I can't figure out how to stop it. Help please.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
It is normal for the light to flash when the car is off and a door is open. Is yours doing it all the time?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is normal for the light to flash when the car is off and a door is open. Is yours doing it all the time?
It stops when I open the door and doesn't starting blinking again until minutes after I close the door. The interior lights don't stay on, or else I though it was a door switch problem.......unless they are different switches. It also stops when I start the car, but as soon a I turn it off and leave....BINGO, flashing light again.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
It stops when I open the door and doesn't starting blinking again until minutes after I close the door. The interior lights don't stay on, or else I though it was a door switch problem.......unless they are different switches. It also stops when I start the car, but as soon a I turn it off and leave....BINGO, flashing light again.
Wow that is weird, Your screwed, sell the car.:laughing:
Na just kidding. You can take the bulb out...Ok really does the car start fine with no VATS related issues? If you lock the doors and then reach in the window and unlock the door manually and open the door does the alarm go off?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I noticed when the passenger side door would close it would stop for a few minutes then continue, so I adjusted the door switch out just a bit...........and the light has stopped blinking for now.:partyon:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts