Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 89 C4. I can start the car no problem. The sercurity system is active and the horn will not turn off. It is not a contant blow but like the alarm has gone off. I have to unplug the horn to get it to stop. But I can start the car no problem.

Any body got any idea as to what is wrong? Do I need the VATS by pass?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Along with the VATS system, your car also has a factory alarm system. It's the alarm system that's sounding your horn. In order to stop it, unlock the door with the key.
In future, try to remember not to reach into your car (when it's locked) and unlock it by hand. Always use the key in the door - even when the window is open.

·
Registered
27 Posts
it's funny when i do this, because my horn barely works anymore.

it sounds like the lil bicycle honkers that people use to have. but a really big one that you can barely get your hands around so you just have to kick it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I recently had a new alarm system installed. It unlocks the doors when you hit the button. This was installed a few months back and I have not had any problems with it until now.

I try the door key this afternoon as I only drive the car once a week.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
I try the door key this afternoon as I only drive the car once a week.
Well there's yer problem, Tex. She's screamin' at ya to get on 'er and ride the HELL out of 'er!:whip:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts