Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been away for a while, but I am finally getting back on my c3 project. I have their dual mount rear spring setup but it’s a little too light for my liking. I have their semi coliovers with boxed upper arms with shortened 600 lb springs mounted up front and I’m looking for something to compliment that. Does anyone out there have a 360/420 composite spring they’d be willing to part with? Is there a source for new composite springs without the “wings?” I am also running van steel offset T/As. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Have you considered the SharkBite rear suspension? Cantilever would surely compliment what you got up front. I setup a SharkBite suspension with the van steel offset trailing arms wilwood brakes and even the van steel rear sway bar. It all came together nicely. It was for a wild big block car and there are lots of pictures of its setup here: https://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242889

·
Registered
189 Posts
Been away for a while, but I am finally getting back on my c3 project. I have their dual mount rear spring setup but it’s a little too light for my liking. I have their semi coliovers with boxed upper arms with shortened 600 lb springs mounted up front and I’m looking for something to compliment that. Does anyone out there have a 360/420 composite spring they’d be willing to part with? Is there a source for new composite springs without the “wings?” I am also running van steel offset T/As. Thanks in advance!
Doesn't Van steel make an offset trailing arm with a coil over mount to eliminate the spring? If so maybe you can buy the bracket and have it welded to your trailing arms.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Van Steel Coilover

Van Steel does make an excellent offset coil-over trailing arm. I have them on my 1976 now with QA1 shocks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maddogs15, did you ever get a 420 leaf spring ? I know this thread is a year old.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts