Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had this miss at about 6200 and can't find it: eliminated fuel/plugs and was hoping it wasn't mechanical.

Hooked up to a VDR and found that the MAF is going from about 10000 to about 4200 from say 6000 to 6150 rpm!?!? :WTF They tell me to make sure my filter does not have too much oil: it doesn't and they tell me to clean the MAF which I do (not much to clean off ) and the damn thing still does it.

I am wondering if I can be getting some type of leak in the system and I am wondering where it is too. Car pulls to 6200 on a dynojet with no problems but in 1st and 2nd gear this thing will have the MAF just fall off as if the air is cut by 60%. Intake is a Vararam and has been just fine until now . . . ideas??

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I don't see where there would be much change in the MAF in just 150 RPM. The only thing I could see would be if there were some kind of turbulence forming in the air bridge. other than that I would look toward a computer related problem... not much help.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the interim it seems that if you are using a good intake system the T-body can flutter the blade as a way of essentially limiting the intake velocity; one of GM's little tricks. This may be exacerbated with porting too.

Fix seems to be to get the MAF as close to the T-body as possible via a few different hoses which prevents the fluttering.

Should have what I need early next week and will know by Wednesday or so . .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts