Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably going to get flamed for this but have the powers that be considered having the supporting vendors post their "deals of the week" or whatever else they are selling somewhere aside from the general discussion area? This is new to me as the C3 section was never like this one. Not trying to stir up a hornets nest, just asking an honest question.

pluslt

·
Registered
724 Posts
I don't want you to get the wrong idea on my reply, but the vendors are the major supporters that keep this forum going. I look to the title of their post and if it appears to be something I may be interested in I click on it. If I am not interested I don't click. No one is required to open ever post.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
How will you get the chewy chocolately goodness they have to offer if they don't post about it?
You should have bought a C-4 noone makes parts for those.:laughing:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
How will you get the chewy chocolately goodness they have to offer if they don't post about it?
You should have bought a C-4 noone makes parts for those.:laughing:
:laughing:

Quit being mean!

OP, that was changed a while back. Now the vendors can post their deals here instead of their own forum which is how it use to be.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts

Quit being mean!

OP, that was changed a while back. Now the vendors can post their deals here instead of their own forum which is how it use to be.
I missed a lot of good stuff the other way. This is better for bargain hunters.:thumbsup:

:cheers:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts

Quit being mean!

Ok I need to vent on this one.

Mostly I don't mind as almos all vendors post up interesting, discounted or new items...

BUT

SCparts annoys the heck out of me with the threads filled with nothing but "In stock" "Ready to ship" "Still available". After three pages we know it is still available, in stock and ready to ship.

Ok I feel better now

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts

Mostly I don't mind as almos all vendors post up interesting, discounted or new items...

BUT

SCparts annoys the heck out of me with the threads filled with nothing but "In stock" "Ready to ship" "Still available". After three pages we know it is still available, in stock and ready to ship.

Ok I feel better now
You can tell us how you really feel; go ahead we're listening :laughing:

·
Registered
11,227 Posts

BUT

Ok I feel better now
...are you positive...(my cousing Vinny)....:laughing:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm probably going to get flamed for this but have the powers that be considered having the supporting vendors post their "deals of the week" or whatever else they are selling somewhere aside from the general discussion area? This is new to me as the C3 section was never like this one. Not trying to stir up a hornets nest, just asking an honest question.

pluslt
I agree with you pluslt....it's like getting spammed on my pc or getting junk mail in my postal mailbox. This forum should go back to the way it used to be....a separate forum for vendors. If I want or need something for my car, I'll find it on my own. It ain't rocket science to do an online search! Well, at least not for me! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
At least they're not attacking each other, or getting into pissing matches. I've seen that on other forums. :lookinup:

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Having active vendors in the community, is a good problem. Most won't even get involved, in turn the community misses out just as much as they do.

DC could have never reached over 100,000 members worldwide without the direct support of a host of great vendors. Some vendors have chosen to have their own forum sections, but they are free to post deals in Cx Sections too. Raidmagic is dead on, be glad you get vendor action in your sections. lol

:thumbsup:

·
Supporting Vendor
210 Posts
Having active vendors in the community, is a good problem. Most won't even get involved, in turn the community misses out just as much as they do.

DC could have never reached over 100,000 members worldwide without the direct support of a host of great vendors. Some vendors have chosen to have their own forum sections, but they are free to post deals in Cx Sections too. Raidmagic is dead on, be glad you get vendor action in your sections. lol

:thumbsup:
:agree:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I think the vendors being active in the forums is a good thing, its easy to complain when there advertising, but when someone has a issue with there product make a post about it (USUALLY BEFORE EVEN TAKING TO THE VENDOR THE RESOLVE IT) and expect the vendor to be responding in those threads.

They pay there money, last time I checked this sight was free unless you choose to donate. also sometimes you dont even know about products that exist until they post them, or you may not consider getting a part cause its out of your price range and then all the sudden a post comes up with it on sale at a great price.

I say let the vendors do there thing. belive it or not some of the vendors started out here as members before they even had there business and DC is a big part of there customer base.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good points on both sides. Me personally I'm a TIVO man; commercials get skipped. If I need something or I'm curious as to what new toys are available, I go looking. I would think a separate section would be even more beneficial to the vendors than searching through the general posts.

Anyway, I'm not trying to call anyone out or anger any supporting vendors, just some open discussion on a topic.

Cheers all.

p.s.....now watch me find something I gotta have posted in general and then have to eat some tasty crow. LOL

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think the vendors being active in the forums is a good thing, its easy to complain when there advertising, but when someone has a issue with there product make a post about it (USUALLY BEFORE EVEN TAKING TO THE VENDOR THE RESOLVE IT) and expect the vendor to be responding in those threads.
I'm fine with vendors posting in any section, but like a double edged sword, they should also be prepared to deal with problem threads. If the vendor shows how well they handle problems, it's another way to show good they are.

I used to be a distributor for cylinder heads and would sell them through some forums for the cars I was into at the time.
Evey once in a while someone would have a problem. I would take care of the issue and make sure I displayed my main concern was my customer. Sometimes it would cost me some money, but I gained more customers by giving them confidence they could buy from me without worry.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts