Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Need some advice here. I just ordered side vent screens for my FRC and was wondering how difficult they are to install?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Stop whining....I'll help you.:laughing:
I had to pull the wheel well cover to get at my computer and the vents are right there. You'll see once you get into it that it's probably not that big of a deal. Just remeber "righty-tighty, lefty-loosey" and where you took everything off of. Then reverse and you're done.:smack

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
The aftermarket side screens are typically installed with 3M double sided tape. For the side screens all you have to do is cut your wheel hard to one side. You then will have access to the wheel well panel there are 3 screws that you take out. You can then reach your had inside and place the screen over the hole in the fender. You can attach a couple pieces of wire to the screen so that you have something to pull the screen tight to the fender while the tape sets up. The front screens were done in pretty much the same manner. An RTV silicone would work in place of the tapw

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The aftermarket side screens are typically installed with 3M double sided tape. For the side screens all you have to do is cut your wheel hard to one side. You then will have access to the wheel well panel there are 3 screws that you take out. You can then reach your had inside and place the screen over the hole in the fender. You can attach a couple pieces of wire to the screen so that you have something to pull the screen tight to the fender while the tape sets up. The front screens were done in pretty much the same manner. An RTV silicone would work in place of the tapw
Wow! does'nt seem to be as challenging as I thought. Thanks guys...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stop whining....I'll help you.:laughing:
I had to pull the wheel well cover to get at my computer and the vents are right there. You'll see once you get into it that it's probably not that big of a deal. Just remeber "righty-tighty, lefty-loosey" and where you took everything off of. Then reverse and you're done.:smack
I'l will take you up on that NVLAV8TOR...

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just did mine it took about 3/4 of an hour, as was said just turn the wheel to one side. My intructions said remove the wheel but I never bothered.

The screens just stick in with 3m tape. Be praped for scratched forearms as it's tricky get to all the bolts that hold the wheel covers on. once you remove the 2 screws that hold the side vent cover in just push the cover aside and put the screen in through the vent hole and put your other hand in from the wheel side. Postion it right so it covers the whole on the apperture and stick down that's it.

Put the plastic covers back and look at your scratched to f--k forarms :laughing: and admire you tuff new look screens! :partyon:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just did mine it took about 3/4 of an hour, as was said just turn the wheel to one side. My intructions said remove the wheel but I never bothered.

The screens just stick in with 3m tape. Be praped for scratched forearms as it's tricky get to all the bolts that hold the wheel covers on. once you remove the 2 screws that hold the side vent cover in just push the cover aside and put the screen in through the vent hole and put your other hand in from the wheel side. Postion it right so it covers the whole on the apperture and stick down that's it.

Put the plastic covers back and look at your scratched to f--k forarms :laughing: and admire you tuff new look screens! :partyon:
Thanks 97 VETTEMAN...Im hopeing to get them in tomorrow.

Tony

·
Registered
759 Posts
DAMN! Patrick you better watch your bloodpressure! :surprised

·
Registered
161 Posts
I took a pic of mine!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yes the scratches soon go! I would like to do ZO6 front screens but my Euro model has a tow hook sticking out. So I don't think they will fit. I am thinking of screens on the rear panel also.

You can see the tow hook in this pic. My car has a rear tow hook that obscures my Corvette flag exhaust plate. These are European rules that GM had to comply with to sell the Vette in Europe. Those suckers are welded in there good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts